Vegan lentil pot pie with biscuits. This comforting vegan dinner is packed with lentils and vegetables, including carrots, celery and potatoes. It’s then topped with delicious vegan biscuits.
This lentil pot pie is inspired by a recipe my mom used to make when we were growing up. This version is made vegan thanks to lentils and dairy-free biscuits.
If you’re gluten-free, you can try swapping the whole wheat flour for a gluten-free flour blend. I haven’t tried it yet, so if you do, let me know how it turns out. I hope you’ll love it!
More Vegan Comfort Food:
Vegetarian Lentil Pot Pie
- 1 cup yellow onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thyme, dried
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 3 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup soft margarine or butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened plain almond milk)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add your chopped onions and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until your onions are fragrant.
- Stir in your thyme and salt and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add your potatoes, carrots, lentils and vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer over low-medium heat, covered for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through. Transfer to a cast-iron skillet.
Prepare the Biscuits
- In a large mixing bowl, mix your flour and baking powder.
- Cut your margarine into your flour until crumbly. I just use a fork.
- Add the egg and the milk. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Form 6 biscuits and place on top of the casserole. Cook for 25 minutes or until the biscuits are slightly golden. Enjoy!
If you make this vegan lentil pot pie, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!