A simple vegan salted caramel latte that’s made in the blender. This vegan latte is sweetened with dates and made creamy with cashews. It’s a nutritious and delicious cozy fall drink.
Cozy drinks season is back and I have a new vegan latte to share with you. This salted caramel latte is sweetened with dates and uses both cashews and coconut milk for a creamy and frothy drink.
What you need: Coffee, coconut milk (or oat milk), Medjool dates, cashews, vanilla and salt.
How to Make a Vegan Salted Caramel Latte
First, start by preparing your coffee. You can use your preferred method. I personally make it using a French press or I make a long shot espresso using an espresso machine.
Next, add dates, cashews, coconut milk, vanilla, salt and the prepared coffee in a blender. Blend it all until you get a creamy, frothy drink.
Notes on Substitutions
- You can use plain oat milk instead of coconut milk if preferred.
- If you have a weaker blender, you might have cashew and date pieces left in your latte. In this case, you can replace the dates with maple syrup and the cashews with 1-2 tablespoons of cashew butter. You won’t get the same caramel-like flavor, but it still results in a good creamy latte.
- Feel free to add more or less dates to adjust the sweetness. The dates do add a caramel-like flavor. I strongly encourage using Medjool dates for the best results, however, regular dates will work too. Simply add more to taste.
More Cozy Vegan Drinks
- Mint Matcha Latte
- Vegan Eggnog Latte
- Cozy Vegan Gingerbread Latte
- Vegan London Fog Tea Latte
- Blender Mocha Cashew Latte
- Coconut Blender Matcha
- Cinnamon Butterbeer Latte
- Date-Sweetened Pumpkin Spice Latte
You can also find all of my warm drinks in my Cozy Vegan Drinks eBook, along with 5 exclusive recipes. I hope you’ll love them as much as I do!
Vegan Salted Caramel Latte
- 1 1/2 cup brewed coffee (see notes)
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk, low-fat
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons cashews, raw or dry roasted, unsalted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Small pinch of fine grain sea salt
- Prepare your coffee using your preferred method (see notes).
- Add all the ingredients, including the warm coffee, in a high-speed blender. Blend until creamy, about 30 seconds. Serve immediately.
If you make this salted caramel latte, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!
Looking for more?
Check out my Cozy Vegan Drinks eBook. It’s packed with a total of 22 warm beverage recipes, including vegan lattes, hot cocoas, matcha lattes, teas and more!