Vegan London Fog. A simple tea latte made with Earl Grey tea, almond milk and vanilla. This cozy drink is made in 5 minutes of preparation and is perfectly infused with a light vanilla flavor.
We made it to London! We’ve officially entered the last month of our 3 month adventure across Europe.
Until Christmas, we’re staying in a tiny home, just outside of London. We’ll be exploring different parts of the city most days, with a few day trips around England. We’re then finishing our travels with a few nights in Edinburgh.
On Christmas morning, we’re taking the plane and making our way to New Brunswick to spend Christmas with family. We have a great month ahead of us!
And so today, I’m sharing the most simple latte – A London Fog.
Despite what you may think, the London Fog latte didn’t actually originate from London. I learned this as I was looking for an England-inspired recipe to share with you guys this month. In fact, the London Fog latte originated in Vancouver. We learn something new every day!
Nevertheless, I’m here sharing a London Fog latte while I’m here in London.
How to Make a London Fog Latte:
- Start by steeping your Earl Grey tea in hot water. I love to steep it for a good 5 minutes so that the tea is nice and strong.
- Meanwhile, heat your almond milk in a saucepan and whisk until frothy. You could also use a milk steamer if you have one. Once done, whisk in the vanilla.
- Pour the warm, frothy almond milk in the tea. Done!
I prefer my tea just like this, but if you like a sweet tea, add your sweetener of choice, to taste.
You can also use a different type of milk, but I personally prefer almond milk. Make it your own!
I hope you’ll enjoy this cozy drink as much as I do! Find more cozy drink recipes here.
Vegan London Fog Tea Latte
- 1 bag Earl Grey Tea
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Sweetener to taste, optional
- Boil the water in a kettle, then steep the tea bag in 3/4 cup of hot water for 5 minutes. You want the tea to be strong.
- Meanwhile, bring the almond milk to a low boil in a small saucepan. Let it simmer for 4-5 minutes over medium heat, while whisking vigorously. The milk should foam.
- Add the vanilla to the milk and whisk a few more seconds.
- Pour the warm milk over the strong tea. Serve immediately.
If you make this London Fog tea latte, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!
Looking for more?
Check out my Cozy Vegan Drinks eBook. It’s packed with a total of 22 warm beverage recipes, including vegan lattes, hot cocoas, matcha lattes, teas and more!