Vegan Hummus Avocado Sandwich
Vegan hummus avocado sandwich. A simple sandwich, packed with vegetables. Hummus provides plant-protein and avocado offers a good dose of healthy fats. This sandwich makes for a perfect quick lunch.
Happy Wednesday! I don’t usually post on Wednesdays, but clearly, I’m a few days late sharing Monday’s recipe. I’m a little mixed up in my days and out of my routine it seems. Long weekends will do that. Better late than never I suppose!
Today’s recipe is not really a recipe. It’s the most simple sandwich, something I eat regularly when I’m busy or packing a last-minute lunch for work.
Here’s what you need:
- Hummus – Homemade, store-bought, flavored. Use your favorite!
- Leafy greens – I love mixed greens, but romaine, arugula or even kale will work.
- Other vegetables of choice – I love adding a sliced tomato, sprouts and sliced cucumbers.
- Cheese – This is optional of course. This recipe is vegan, but you can easily add cheese or even vegan cheese.
And that’s it! Add all of those ingredients in a sandwich and you’re good to go. 5 minutes is all you need.
Like I said, I’m not even sure this qualifies as a recipe, but either way, I hope it gives you an idea for quick lunches. Let’s face it, back to school is almost here.
As for the last weeks of summer, this sandwich is perfect to bring on a picnic or day trip. It’s sure to keep you full for hours thanks to the healthy fats in the avocado and the protein plus fiber in hummus.
If you’re looking for more healthy back to school recipes (or meals and snacks on-the-go), you can check out my favorite lunchbox recipes.
If you’re looking for homemade hummus recipes check out my classic hummus, lemon sweet pea hummus or beet hummus.
Vegan Avocado Hummus Sandwich
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1/2 avocado, pitted
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- Leafy greens
- Tomato slice
- Cucumber slices
- Toast the bread if desired. If eating later, keep untoasted.
- Spread the hummus on one slice of bread. On the other slice, mash the avocado or slice the avocado and spread the slices on the bread.
- Add other sandwich fillings and close the sandwich. Eat immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge. This sandwich is best eaten immediately or on the same day.
If you make this hummus avocado sandwich, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!