Vegan eggnog overnight oats. A quick and festive vegan breakfast. This recipe is made with just a few simple ingredients in less than 5 minutes. It’s naturally gluten-free and made vegan thanks to plant-based eggnog.
Trying to find a way to sneak eggnog into every part of your day? Me too.
In this recipe, we’re using vegan eggnog in place of regular plant-based milk to make overnight oats. It’s a delicious, sweet and festive vegan breakfast!
Because this recipe uses eggnog as the base, you don’t need to add any additional sweeteners or spices. That being said, you can add more if you’d like. I love to add a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg to enhance the holiday flavor, but this is completely optional. You can keep this recipe as simple as possible or you can fill it with toppings!
How to Make Vegan Eggnog Overnight Oats:
Simply add rolled oats, vegan eggnog, plant-based milk, chia seeds, vanilla and spices in a jar and stir to combine. Place it in the fridge overnight to let it thicken. If you’re in a rush, you can also get similar results in about one hour, but I recommend keeping it in the fridge to soak overnight. It results in the best texture.
The next morning, add more plant-based milk or eggnog if you want thinner overnight oats. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
The Best Store-Bought Vegan Eggnogs:
If you’re looking for the best store-bought vegan eggnog to use in this recipe (or to enjoy as is during the Holidays), here are my recommendations. Keep in mind that these are my personal favorite eggnogs here in Canada. There may be other brands available where you live.
- Earth’s Own Oat Nog: My personal favorite. This vegan eggnog is new this year and is made from oats. For that reason, unlike many vegan eggnogs out there, it doesn’t taste like coconut. I highly recommend this one, especially if you’re not a fan of coconut.
- So Delicious Holiday Nog: This is a delicious option if you enjoy coconut. It does have that eggnog flavor that I love, but it does taste somewhat strongly of coconut. I did love it in this recipe!
More Vegan Eggnog Recipes:
- Vegan Cinnamon Rolls with Eggnog Icing
- Vegan Eggnog Latte
- Homemade Vegan Cashew Eggnog (Date-Sweetened)
Vegan Eggnog Overnight Oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup vegan eggnog
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk of choice, plain and unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon to taste, (optional)
- Pinch of nutmeg to taste (optional)
- Add the oats, vegan eggnog, plant-based milk, chia seeds and vanilla in a jar or sealable container. Add the cinnamon and nutmeg if using. Stir to combine.
- Let thicken in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, add more plant-based milk or eggnog if you want thinner overnight oats. Add toppings if desired. Enjoy!
If you make these vegan eggnog overnight oats, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!