The easiest vegan tofu ricotta, made nut-free! This simple recipe requires 6 ingredients and less than 10 minutes of preparation.
Happy November! I hope your month is off to a good start and that you’re finding ways to take care of yourself in this stressful time.
As the weather is cooling off here in Canada, I’ve been leaning more and more on warm and comforting recipes, including cozy drinks, pasta and soups.
Today’s recipe is part of a delicious vegan comfort food recipe that’s coming to the blog this Friday. I hope you’ll love it! For today, I’m sharing the easiest vegan ricotta.
This recipe is as easy as it gets. All you need is a few basic ingredients, a food processor and 10 minutes. It’s nothing fancy, but it’s great used in your favorite pasta dishes, as a dip and so much more. I love to use it in vegan lasagna!
How to Make Vegan Tofu Ricotta
Here’s how to make this very simple recipe:
- Add extra-firm tofu, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, nutritional yeast and salt to a food processor.
- Process until thick and creamy, about 30 seconds.
- Taste and add more salt, garlic or lemon juice to taste.
Notes on the Recipe
- You don’t need to press the tofu in this recipe, which makes it quick and easy!
- If you want to use this ricotta in a sweet recipe, skip the garlic and nutritional yeast. Use 1/2 a teaspoon of salt.
And that’s all you need to know! Let me know how you end up using this recipe in the comments. I hope you’ll love it!
If you’re looking for vegan “cheese” recipes, make sure to check out my 3-ingredient vegan parmesan!
The Easiest Vegan Tofu Ricotta
- 1 block (350g) extra-firm tofu (there's no need to press it)
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- Add the tofu, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, oil, nutritional yeast, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a food processor. Process until smooth, about 30 seconds. The mixture will be thick, but creamy with some texture.
- Taste and add an extra tablespoon of lemon juice and another 1/4 teaspoon of salt if needed.
If you make this vegan tofu ricotta, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!