This strawberry lime kombucha smash is the perfect refreshing spring or summer drink with no added sugar.
Happy Friday! I have the most refreshing drink for you guys today. A recipe that’s almost too easy to be a recipe (if that makes sense).
I recently got these Moscow Mule mugs from Moscow Muled (gifted, not sponsored) and I wanted to create a recipe to use them this summer – without the alcohol.
Not going to lie, I know nothing about alcohol. I grew up in a family that doesn’t drink and I now only have an occasional glass of wine with Shaun. So when it comes to cocktails, I’m pretty clueless. Plus, I love to promote healthy recipes with this blog, so alcohol to me doesn’t really belong. I’m definitely not agains’t having alcohol in moderation, but I decided a while back not to share alcohol recipes on this blog (partly because again, I don’t know much about cocktails).
So here’s my first attempt at a mocktail. This recipe uses kombucha instead of alcohol and is flavored with lime and strawberries. It’s one of those recipes where you can just do your own thing.
Make Your Own Kombucha Smash:
- Use raspberries or blackberries instead or strawberries. Or have a mix!
- Add more or less kombucha. Maybe add a splash of sparkling water.
- Choose your own flavor of kombucha.
- Strain the strawberries to get the juices or keep the entire strawberries.
My version includes smashed strawberries, lime juice and a generous amount of ginger kombucha. That’s it.
I loved using these Moscow Mule glasses as it kept the drink perfectly cold, but you can make it all pretty with a tall glass, strawberry slices and a lime wedge.
I hope you’ll enjoy this refreshing drink as much as I do.
Strawberry Lime Kombucha Smash
- 3 cups Kombucha (I used ginger kombucha)
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Crushed ice (optional)
- In a pitcher, muddle the strawberries and lime juice together to release the juices. You can then decide to strain the strawberries or not. If not, you’ll have some strawberry pieces in your drink – I love it both ways.
- Add the kombucha and stir to combine.
- Serve over crushed ice if desired or simply as is.
If you make this kombucha smash, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!