This spring pea and arugula pasta salad is the very definition of a spring recipe. It’s packed with peas, arugula, feta and a light lemon vinaigrette. It’s perfect for picnics, potlucks, a family bbq or just a light lunch. Add chickpeas for a protein boost or skip the cheese for a vegan option.
Looking for a light pasta salad recipe? This recipe is made with a light lemon vinaigrette, arugula, peas and your choice of cheese or vegan cheese.
I first made a similar recipe for Stokes 2 years back and I realized that I never shared the recipe here. The recipe is not exactly the same, but it is inspired from the light pasta salad I made then, without the asparagus. You can choose to add asparagus if you’d like! Grilled asparagus would be delicious in this salad.
Best of all? This recipe can’t get any easier. It’s done in the time it takes you to cook pasta. Simply prepare the vinaigrette while the pasta is cooking and add the cheese and arugula to a bowl. In the last minute of cooking, add the frozen peas with the pasta to boil and thaw quickly. Add the pasta and peas to a bowl with the remaining ingredients, then toss it all together. And that’s it. Done in 15 minutes total.
More Pasta Recipes:
- 5-Ingredient Avocado Tofu Pasta
- Creamy Hummus Pasta with Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Vegan Chickpea Pasta Salad with Tahini Dressing
- Vegan Avocado Pesto Pasta
- Easy Vegan Mac and Cheese
Watch How to Make It:
Spring Pea and Arugula Pasta Salad
- 4 cups dry pasta (I used fusilli)
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup feta or goat cheese, crumbled (or use vegan cheese)
- 2 cups argugula
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook the pasta according to the package’s instructions. In the last minute of cooking, add the frozen or fresh peas to thaw and lightly cook. When done cooking, pass under cold water.
- Meanwhile, prepare the vinaigrette: In a small bowl or jar, whisk together all the vinaigrette ingredients. You can use a mason jar, cover and shake.
- Assemble the salad: In a large bowl, toss together the cooked pasta and peas, vinaigrette, arugula and cheese together. Serve cold.
If you make this spring pea and arugula pasta salad, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!