A simple strawberry banana and orange smoothie made with 6 ingredients! This smoothie is vegan, nut-free and contains some plant-based protein thanks to hemp hearts and soy milk. Enjoy it for a quick breakfast or snack!
A simple and creamy smoothie that’s ready in 5 minutes with 6 ingredients! All you need is frozen strawberries, a banana, orange, soy milk, hemp hearts and vanilla extract. Just add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy! That’s it.
Adding both soy milk and vanilla to this smoothie gives it a delicious yogurt-like flavor. We’re also using a whole orange instead of orange juice for more fiber and slightly less sugar. This recipe is perfectly sweet, refreshing and creamy. I hope you’ll like it!
Notes on the Recipe:
- You can also use a frozen banana for a thicker, colder smoothie. I personally prefer using fresh bananas in this recipe. If using a frozen banana, slice and freeze the banana overnight before preparing the smoothie. Slicing the banana will make it easier to blend.
- You can use other plant-based milks if preferred. Just keep in mind that soy milk adds protein to this smoothie. It will also change the flavor slightly. Oat milk, almond milk and coconut milk would likely work well in this smoothie.
- For more protein, you can add more hemp hearts or add your favorite protein powder. Doing this will affect the flavor of the smoothie, so make sure to use an unflavored protein powder or one that you enjoy. You can also check out this post for tips on adding protein to smoothies, without protein powder.
More Vegan Smoothies:
- Nourishing Banana Oat Smoothie
- Pink Berry Lime Smoothie
- Golden Mango Citrus Smoothie
- My Favorite Protein Green Smoothie
Simple Strawberry, Banana and Orange Smoothie
- 1 medium banana
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries, frozen
- 1 large whole navel orange, peeled
- 1 cup soy milk, plain and unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Enjoy!
If you make this strawberry banana orange smoothie, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!