Quick vegan tofu Pad Thai. This delicious Pad Thai is packed with vegetables and made in just about 30 minutes.
Our first recipe of 2021. A healthy and delicious vegan Pad Thai.
This nutritious dinner is ready in 30 minutes! It’s also packed with vegetables and offers a good dose of protein from the tofu. This recipe has been a regular in our home for almost a year now and it’s one of our favorite quick dinners.
Note that this is not an authentic Pad Thai. Authentic Pad Thai recipes will typically have eggs, meat and fish sauce. My recipe is simply a quick vegan version that I love and wanted to share with you guys. I also added a lot of vegetables, making it similar to a stir fry in some ways. I hope you’ll love it too!
How To Make Vegan Pad Thai
Start by preparing your sauce. I love to add all the ingredients in a jar and shake it until combined. All you need is soy sauce, peanut oil, rice vinegar, lime juice, brown sugar, garlic and corn starch.
Next, cook the noodles and prepare the tofu and vegetables.
Cook the tofu until lightly golden on each side, then add the bell peppers, broccoli and carrots. After 8-10 minutes, add the noodles, the sauce and the bean sprouts. Toss it all together and you’re done!
I love to serve this Pad Thai with crushed roasted peanuts and sliced green onions. Cilantro can also be a great option.
Notes on the Recipe
- You could replace the brown sugar with coconut sugar if preferred.
- If you don’t have carrots, bell peppers or broccoli, you could add a little more of one of the other vegetables.
- I used a vegetable peeler to cut the carrots into ribbons.
Looking for more quick dinners? Check out these 12 quick vegans meals in under 30 minutes.
Quick Vegan Tofu Pad Thai
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 block extra-firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into ribbons
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped into bite-size florets
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- 1/2 package rice noodles (approximately 225g)
- Chopped roasted peanuts, for topping
- Sliced green onions, for topping
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- Prepare the sauce: Add all the sauce ingredients to a jar or bowl and whisk together to combine. Set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to the package's instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of peanut oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the cubed tofu and cook for 5 minutes or until lightly golden on one side. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sliced bell peppers, carrots and broccoli. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the prepared sauce and the bean sprouts. Cook for another 5 minutes. Add vegetable broth or water to the pan, 1-2 tablespoons at a time if needed to prevent the noodles from sticking to the pan.
- Divide into 4 bowls and top with sliced green onions and crushed peanuts. Enjoy!
If you make this vegan tofu Pad Thai, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!