Peanut butter & jelly overnight oats. A quick and easy breakfast that’s ready in 5 minutes the night before. All you need is oats, chia seeds, plant-based milk, peanut butter and your jam of choice. Naturally vegan!
This old recipe just got a makeover! These peanut butter and jelly overnight oats date back from the first months of this blog and it’s been a favorite ever since. I first shared this recipe a week before moving to Saint John for my dietetic internship. It’s been a while.
If you ask me, this is the best way to eat overnight oats. The jam adds a light sweetness to the recipe, while peanut butter adds a delicious salty flavor and creamy texture. If you love peanut butter and jelly together, this is a must-try!
Have you tried overnight oats yet?
All you need to do is add oats, milk and chia seeds in a jar and put it in the fridge overnight. The next morning, you add your choice of toppings and run out the door! In this version, I added peanut butter and jam.
A Few Notes on the Recipe
- You can use your favorite jam to taste. Use anything from 1-2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup per serving. I love to use chia seed jam in this recipe and add a good 1/4 cup. You will need less if using a sweet store-bought jam.
- For a higher protein breakfast that will keep you full for longer, try using soy milk. Otherwise, any plain plant-based milk should work.
- You can make this recipe with quick oats, but I would recommend rolled oats for more texture.
- This recipe will not be overly sweet, unless you add a large amount of jam. For more sweetness, I would suggest adding a drizzle of maple syrup or a mashed banana (half a banana per serving is great).
Peanut Butter & Jelly Overnight Oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cup plant-based milk, unsweetened
- peanut butter, for topping
- Jam of choice, for topping
- Maple syrup or mashed banana for sweetness, to taste (optional)
- The night before, add the oats, chia seeds and plant-based milk in a jar or container. Stir together until combined. Let soak in the fridge overnight.
- When you're ready to eat your overnight oats, add the peanut butter, jam and sweetener to taste. Stir together and serve.
If you make these peanut butter & jelly overnight oats, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!
Note: In acknowledgement of what is going on in this world and to Amplify Melanated Voices, we did not post new recipes last week. Instead, we listened to the black community, educated ourselves and donated. We have been considering how we can be a part of the solution, instead of staying silent and hoping for a change.
That being said, we have decided to donate 100% of the profits from ALL of our eBooks for the rest of 2020 to organizations supporting Black Lives Matter. To support this, check out our eBooks here.