A nourishing strawberry banana oat smoothie that’s packed with plant-based protein and fiber. This vegan smoothie is made with bananas, strawberries, soy milk, hemp hearts, almond butter, oats and dates.
Are you looking for a refreshing breakfast recipe that will keep you full for hours? This recipe is packed fruits and made with high-fiber ingredients for a filling and delicious breakfast. It also has a good dose of protein thanks to soy milk, almond butter and hemp hearts.
There’s really nothing like a cold, refreshing smoothie for breakfast on a warm summer day. I hope you’ll love this one too!
Notes on the Recipe:
- You can use frozen bananas instead of fresh bananas if preferred. You might need to add more liquid as it will thicken the smoothie.
- This recipe is also great with mixed frozen berries instead of frozen strawberries. Use what you have on hand.
- You can use other plant-based milks if you don’t have soy milk. Just keep in mind that soy milk adds protein to this smoothie.
- Feel free to add protein powder for more protein. I recommend using a small amount of unflavored protein powder to avoid changing the flavor of the smoothie.
- If preferred, you can skip the oats and hemp hearts for more of a sweet fruit smoothie. The oats and hemp hearts make this recipe more filling and hearty. It might not be for you if you prefer a very sweet fruit smoothie.
More Vegan Smoothie Recipes:
- Simple strawberry, banana and orange smoothie
- Pink berry lime smoothie
- My Favorite protein green smoothie
- Nourishing banana oat smoothie
And finally, you can find all of my tips to make a filling smoothie here!
Nourishing Strawberry Banana Oat Smoothie
- 1 large banana, ripe
- 1 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 Medjool date, pitted
- 1 cup soy milk, plain, unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Enjoy!
If you make this strawberry banana oat smoothie, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!