No-bake walnut granola bars that are made with basic ingredients in under 15 minutes. These bars are sweetened with dates and are naturally vegan!
A new granola bar recipe to my already extensive list of energy bites and bars. I can’t help it, they’re my all-time favorite snack/dessert.
These walnut granola bars are simple and require only 6 ingredients (7 if drizzling with chocolate) and less than 15 minutes. All you need is a food processor!
If you ask me, there’s really no better granola bar than homemade. Plus, they’re full of nutritious ingredients! These bars in particular are packed with fiber from dates, oats, nuts and seeds. Also, they offer some omega-3’s and protein from the walnuts and hemp hearts. The result is a nutritious, satisfying and balanced snack.
These bars are my personal favorite and I’ve made them countless times. Trust me, you’ll want to make them weekly!
If you have some time in the kitchen this weekend, try making a batch of these granola bars for healthy snacks! They can easily be added to your weekend meal prep and if you’re like me, you probably have all the ingredients in your pantry already. And don’t worry, the recipe is adaptable. You can easily swap the nuts for more seeds or try different nuts, such as cashews, pecans and maybe almonds!
Watch How to Make the Recipe:
No-Bake Walnut Granola Bars
- 3/4 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons water, as needed
- Unsweetened or dark chocolate, for drizzling (optional)
- In a food processor, add dates and pulse a few times until chopped.
- Add your oats, walnuts, hemp hearts, vanilla and cinnamon. Process until the mixture sticks together when pressed, adding water as needed. It will depend on how dry your dates are, I usually need around 3 tablespoons.
- Press the mixture at the bottom of a dish. Drizzle with melted chocolate if desired.
- Store in the fridge or freezer. I like to use glass tupperware containers, which can be closed and stored in the freezer. These bars can be eaten straight from the freezer.
If you make these no-bake walnut granola bars, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!