No-bake spiced pecan granola bars, made with 8 simple ingredients in less than 15 minutes. This nutritious snack is vegan and gluten-free.
The perfect snack to transition from summer to fall (or to enjoy all year long). These no-bake granola bars are lightly spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg and packed with nutritious ingredients, including dates, oats, pecans and coconut. Keep a batch in the freezer for quick snacks throughout the week. They’re also a perfect on-the-go snack. Bring them in your lunchbox at work or enjoy them as a travel snack.
Spiced Pecan Granola Bar Ingredients:
- Medjool Dates: I highly recommend using Medjool dates for the best results. These are sweeter and stickier than Deglet Noor dates.
- Pecans: These add a nutty texture and flavor to the bars. You can use other nuts if preferred. Cashews and walnuts are great options. I’m also sharing a nut-free option in the FAQ section.
- Rolled Oats: Oats are the base of the bars, along with the dates and pecans. They’re important for the texture and add a dose of soluble fiber to the recipe. You can use quick oats if preferred.
- Coconut: This recipe uses a small amount of shredded coconut for a light coconut flavor. You can skip this if you dislike coconut.
- Spices and Salt: The bars are lightly spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg. You can easily add more spices if you’d like, or add pumpkin spice to the recipe.
- Maple Syrup: This is optional if you want slightly sweeter bars. They can also help the bars stick, but you can use water instead if you want to keep the bars sweetened with dates.
- Vegan Chocolate: You can add a chocolate drizzle on the bars, but this is optional. I love this vegan chocolate. White chocolate is also a lovely addition to the recipe.
How to Make No-Bake Spiced Pecan Granola Bars:
Here’s a little step-by-step guide on how to make no-bake spiced pecan granola bars.
- Combine the Ingredients
Start by adding the dates, pecans, oats, coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt to a food processor. Process until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add Liquid if Needed
Add the maple syrup (if using) and process until combined. Add water if needed, 1/2 tablespoon at a time and process until the mixture sticks together when pressed.
- Form the Bars
Press the granola bar mixture at the bottom of a glass dish. Cut into 9 bars, or more for smaller portions. Drizzle with chocolate if desired.
No-Bake Granola Bars FAQ:
Yes! You can replace the pecans with sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds (or a combination of the two). Keep in mind that the seeds will add a different flavor to the bars. I prefer to add a combination of seeds to avoid an overpowering flavor.
This recipe is naturally gluten-free, except for the oats, which are often contaminated with gluten. For a completely gluten-free recipe, use certified gluten-free oats.
Yes! You can use quick oats instead of rolled oats in this recipe since they will be processed with the other ingredients. There texture will be very similar.
More No-Bake Granola Bar Recipes:
- No-Bake Seedy Granola Bars
- No-Bake Chewy Granola Bars (Nut-Free!)
- No-Bake Walnut Granola Bars
- Chocolate Chunk Protein Bars
- Chocolate Pretzel Quinoa Bars
No-Bake Spiced Pecan Granola Bars Video:
No-Bake Spiced Pecan Granola Bars
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tablespoon water, more or less as needed
- Vegan chocolate chips, dark or semi-sweet (optional for topping)
- Add the dates, pecans, oats, coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt to a food processor. Process until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add the maple syrup (if using) and process until combined. Add water if needed, 1/2 tablespoon at a time and process until the mixture sticks together when pressed.
- Press the granola bar mixture at the bottom of a glass dish. Cut into 9 bars, or more for smaller portions. Drizzle with chocolate if desired.
If you make these spiced pecan granola bars, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!