Mint Matcha Latte
A simple mint matcha latte made in the blender! Simply blend matcha with hot water, cashews, dates and peppermint extract for a minty, frothy drink. Enjoy this lightly caffeinated drink in the morning or in the afternoon for a healthy little energy boost.
If you’ve never tried mint and matcha together, you’re missing out. Trust me, it’s a match(a) made in heaven.
This blender matcha has been one of my favorites for years. It’s creamy, frothy, warm and comforting with a fresh flavor from the peppermint extract.
All the ingredients are blended together until you get a smooth and frothy drink. Plus, there’s no milk involved, just cashews, dates, peppermint extract, matcha and hot water. If you’re wondering why we’re not using milk in this recipe, the answer is: Cashews. When blended with warm water, you get a creamy and frothy drink, just like homemade nut milk! Believe me when I say it’s better than it sounds.
Notes on the recipe:
- This drink works best with a strong blender. If you have a weak blender, you may need to strain it with a fine mesh sieve.
- I suggested different quantities for the dates and peppermint extract in the recipe. If you like a stronger matcha taste, then stick to the lower end. If you prefer a sweeter drink and a milder matcha flavor, then go to the higher end.
- You can always skip the peppermint extract. Vanilla extract could be a good option if preferred.
- You can use either raw cashews or dry-roasted unsalted cashews. That being said, raw cashews have a milder taste and will be better in this drink. I personally find dry-roasted cashews a little overpowering here, but it works!
- Matcha contains a small amount of caffeine, so it can be a nice little afternoon pick-me-up.
I hope you’ll love this recipe as much as I do!
Looking for more matcha recipes? Check out my blender oat milk matcha latte, iced almond matcha latte or coconut blender matcha. This recipe can also be found in my Cozy Vegan Drinks eBook!
Watch How to Make the Recipe:
Mint Matcha Latte
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- 1-2 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Heat the water using a kettle or a small saucepan.
- Blend all the ingredients in a high speed blender for 30 seconds or until smooth and frothy.
If you make this mint matcha latte, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!
Looking for more?
Check out my Cozy Vegan Drinks eBook. It’s packed with a total of 22 warm beverage recipes, including vegan lattes, hot cocoas, matcha lattes, teas and more!