A large batch green smoothie made with apples, mangoes, ginger, cucumber and spinach. This smoothie is packed with vegetables and is perfect for a light breakfast or a quick snack. Plus, it stays fresh in the fridge for two days, so you can save the leftovers for a snack the next day!
A hydrating green smoothie that’s packed with vegetables. Unlike most of my smoothie recipes, this one uses water as a liquid instead of plant-based milk. It’s also made with cucumbers and a generous amount of spinach. The result? A nutritious juice-like green smoothie that’s packed with fruits and vegetables.
The best part? It’s keeps well in the fridge, so you can make a large batch and enjoy leftovers for days. If you’re feeding more than one person or if you’re looking for a smoothie that works for meal-prep, this is a great option! It’s an easy way to add a few portions of fruits and vegetables to your day.
- Frozen mango
- Hemp hearts
- Water and ice
This recipe has a good dose of vitamin C from the mangoes, a small amount of healthy fats and protein from the hemp hearts, water for hydration and fiber from all the fruits and vegetables.
Notes on the Recipe:
- This smoothie makes 3 medium/large servings or 4 small servings.
- To make this recipe higher in protein, you can add more hemp hearts to taste.
- This smoothie has a thick juice-like consistency. It isn’t made to be a filling breakfast. Instead, it’s great enjoyed as a snack or as a “juice” with breakfast.
- You can use kale instead of spinach if preferred. Since kale has a stronger taste, I would recommend starting with half of the suggested amount and increasing it to taste.
- I used Gala apples when testing this recipe. Use your favorite apples. There’s no need to peel the apples, just remove the core.
- If you don’t like a strong ginger taste, start with 1/2 a tablespoon. You can also skip it if preferred.
This recipe is adapted from my hydrating super green smoothie.
Large Batch Green Smoothie
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 2 cups mangoes, frozen
- 2 cups English cucumber, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2-1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 6-8 ice cubes
- Add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Enjoy!
If you make this vegan tofu sandwich, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!