Gingerbread Date Bites
Little gingerbread date bites made with pecans, dates, molasses and holiday spices. These nutritious bites make for a perfect holiday snack. Top them with a drizzle of glaze or enjoy them plain. They’re delicious both ways!
One last recipe before Christmas and it’s a good one!
I shared this recipe earlier to those subscribed to the blog, but it now has its own place on the blog.
These little bites are made with just a few pantry ingredients. What you need: dates, pecans, molasses and spices.
They’re packed with gingerbread flavors, yet are made with nutritious ingredients! You’ll get some fiber and carbs from the dates and protein plus healthy fats from the pecans. Together, they make the perfect nutritious holiday snack! I love to keep a batch in the freezer for a little something sweet anytime during the day.
How to Make Gingerbread Date Bites
It doesn’t get any easier than this. All you need is 15 minutes and a few ingredients.
Simply add dates, pecans, molasses, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, clove and salt to a food processor. Process until the mixture sticks together when pressed. Roll the mixture into 10 little balls and you’re done!
You have the option to add a glaze made with icing sugar and plant-based milk OR a drizzle of melted coconut butter or white chocolate. Your choice, but it makes them look so much cuter. Plus, it adds a little extra sweetness.
Looking for more gingerbread recipes? Check out my vegan gingerbread latte and gingerbread cookies!
If you want more nutritious vegan holiday snacks, check out my mini Healthy Holiday Treats eBook!
Gingerbread Date Bites
- 1 cup pecans, raw
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon Blackstrap molasses
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- Pinch of nutmeg, ground
- Pinch of clove, ground
- Pinch of fine grain sea salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon plant-based milk (I used plain oat milk)
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor. Process until the mixture sticks together when pressed, about 30 seconds. Taste the mixture and add more spices if desired.
- Roll the mixture into little balls. You should get about 10. Place them in the fridge or freezer while you prepare the glaze or for at least 10 minutes. Lightly cold bites will make the glaze look cleaner.
- Make a glaze: Mix the icing sugar with the plant-based milk. Stir until a glaze forms. Drizzle the glaze over the gingerbread bites.
- Store in the fridge or freezer. They're good straight from the freezer!
If you make these gingerbread date bites, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!