Easy no-bake oat bars topped with chocolate. These nutritious bars are vegan, gluten-free and made with only 7 pantry ingredients. Have them for a sweet snack, dessert or quick breakfast.
These no-bake oat bars are quick and easy and made with ingredients you might already have in your pantry. Top them with chocolate or keep them plain. Your choice! They’re delicious either way.
You can enjoy these bars for a snack, similarly to a granola bar or you can have them for dessert. They could also be enjoyed for a quick sweet breakfast with a small drizzle of chocolate. I love keeping these bars in the fridge or freezer for a sweet, yet nutritious snack during busy weeks.
The Ingredients You Need to Make These Oat Bars:
Oats: You can use rolled oats and/or quick oats. I love using a combination of both to get different textures. Oats are the base of these bars and they add a good amount of fiber. Use gluten-free certified oats if needed.
Almond flour: This adds bulk to the bar. Plus, almond flour adds protein, fiber and healthy fats.
Peanut Butter: You can also use almond butter if preferred. Nut butters add moisture to the bars and help them hold together. Peanut butter also adds flavor, healthy fats, fiber and protein. Don’t use the dry nut or seed butter at the bottom of the container or the bars won’t stick.
Maple syrup: Maple adds sweetness to the recipe and helps the bars hold together. Plus, you’ll get a delicious maple flavor, which pairs perfectly with peanut butter.
Chocolate: This is optional, but highly recommended. I love topping these bars with a thick layer of vegan chocolate, but you can skip it or use a small drizzle instead. Chocolate pairs perfectly with peanut butter and adds extra sweetness to the bars.
Vanilla and Salt: Vanilla adds flavor to the recipe, while salt helps balance the sweetness from the maple syrup and chocolate.
How to Make No-Bake Oat Bars
- Start by combining your wet ingredients: Peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Once the wet ingredients are combined and creamy, add the dry ingredients, including the oats, almond flour and salt. Stir to combine.
- Press the mixture at the bottom of an 8×8 inch pan, lined with parchment paper. Top with melted chocolate and a pinch of flaky salt if desired.
- Place the bars, uncovered, in the fridge for 15 minutes or until the chocolate has set.
- Cut the bars into your desired size, about 16 squares. Store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- This recipe can be made with almond butter or peanut butter. Choose your favorite! You can likely use other nut or seed butters, but these are the two that I have tested. Note that different nut and seed butters will change the flavor of these bars.
- You can make this recipe with quick oats or rolled oats. I love using a mix of both for different textures.
- Feel free to skip the chocolate or simply add a small drizzle for a lower sugar option. They’re delicious with or without chocolate.
More No-Bake Bar Recipes:
- Chocolate Chunk Protein Bars
- No-Bake Chewy Granola Bars (Nut-Free!)
- Chocolate Coconut Oat Bars
- No-Bake Walnut Granola Bars
- Seriously Addictive No-Bake Seedy Granola Bars
Watch How to Make No-Bake Oat Bars
Easy No-Bake Oat Bars
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter, creamy (see notes)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick or rolled oats
- 1 cup fine almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (optional)
- Line an 8×8 inch dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
- Add the oats, almond flour and salt to the same bowl and stir until combined.
- With lightly wet hands, press the oat mixture at the bottom of the prepared dish. Make sure to press it well to help the bars hold together.
- Melt the chocolate (with the coconut oil if using). You can use the microwave in 30 second increments or use a double boiler. Spread the chocolate on the oat bars.
- Chill the bars in the fridge for 15 minutes or until the chocolate is firm. Cut the bars into your desired size. Enjoy!
If you make these no-bake oat bars, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!