Easy grain-free cookie dough energy bites made with 4 ingredient! This healthy little snack is made with cashews, dates and a touch of vanilla. All you need is 15 minutes and you’ll have delicious quick snacks all week!
Looking for a quick and easy snack? These energy bites are perfect for busy weeks or on-the-go snacks. All you need is 15 minutes. You can store a batch (or a double batch!) of these bites in the freezer for nutritious snacks during the week. They stay soft thanks to the dates, which means you can enjoy them straight from the freezer!
These cookie dough bites are inspired by my 5-ingredient cookie dough bites. This variation is made without oats for a grain-free option. Both recipes are equally delicious!
How to Make Grain-Free Energy Bites:
All you need is a 1:1 ratio of dates and nuts. This recipe uses 1 cup of dates and cashews. Simply add the ingredients to a food processor, along with a touch of vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Process until the mixture sticks together when pressed. Roll the mixture in the palm of your hands to form little energy balls and you’re done!
You can make grain-free energy bites with any nuts you have on hand. Almonds, walnuts, pecans and cashews are all great options! You can add other ingredients, such as chocolate chips or shredded coconut for different flavors. Just use a 1:1 ratio for the dates and nuts and make your own energy bites at home!
Notes on the Recipe:
- If your energy bite mixture is dry, add water, 1-2 teaspoons at a time until the mixture sticks together. The mixture should stick together when pressed, but it shouldn’t be overly sticky. A few tablespoons of your favorite nut or seed butter works as well.
- To make this recipe fruit-sweetened, swap the chocolate chips with 1/2-1 tablespoon of cacao nibs. You can add more or less to taste.
More Energy Bite Recipes:
- Chocolate chip peanut butter energy bites (date-free)
- Salted caramel energy bites
- Pecan chocolate chip energy bites
- Peanut butter chocolate chunk energy bites
- Pecan pumpkin spice date bites
Cookie Dough Energy Bites (Grain-Free)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1-2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Add the oats, dates, vanilla and salt to a food processor and process until the mixture sticks together when pressed. Add the chocolate chips and pulse a few times to combine.
- Roll the mixture into 10-12 balls. Store them in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
If you make these cookie dough energy bites, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!