Banana oatmeal blender pancakes with berry compote. Simple gluten-free pancakes with a vegan option.
Surprisingly, these are the first pancakes I’m sharing on the blog. Not that I’ve been blogging for very long, but I somehow made it over a year and a half without sharing a pancake recipe. Believe me, these were worth the wait!
Honestly, I’m not much of a pancakes for breakfast kind of person. I have a rotation of 3 different breakfasts that I eat week after week and rarely do I crave something different. Yes, I basically wake up every morning craving oatmeal or toast. However, sometimes I do change things up, usually when it’s a special occasion. It may not be because I want a change, but mostly because I feel a change would be appropriate for special occasions.
This Easter weekend, we’re actually going on a little road trip to Nova Scotia to celebrate both of our birthdays. We’re staying in a cute little Airbnb just outside of Halifax and we’re planning on exploring the city and enjoy a few hikes. I’m also looking forward to visiting Ikea for the first time. So exciting!
We’ll be away for the weekend, which means I won’t be making any pancakes for Easter, but I did have some for breakfast this morning, right before leaving for Halifax.
A big fluffy stack of pancakes, topped with berry compote, nut butter and sweetened with bananas only. The best!
The recipe goes like this: Dump all the ingredients in a blender, blend until thick and creamy, cook on a non-stick skillet, flip, top with your favorite toppings and enjoy. I like to top mine with nut butter (usually SunButter, which I know is actually a seed butter), berry compote and sliced bananas. That’s right. No syrup!
Also, don’t be intimidated by the berry compote. It’s basically a fancy word to say mashed berries… Mashed berries just didn’t seem catchy in a recipe title. So just go with it.
Banana Oatmeal Blender Pancakes with Berry Compote
For the Pancakes
- 1 medium overripe banana
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup milk of choice (I like unsweetened soy milk or almond milk)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Nut or seed butter
- Berries, mashed (fresh or frozen)
- Add all the pancake ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Alternatively, you can mash the banana in a mixing bowl, add the remaining ingredients and whisk together until smooth.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Melt butter or margarine. When the skillet is heated, pour some of the batter on the skillet according to your desired pancake size. Spread into a circle.
- Cook on one side for 2-3 minutes until they can be easily flipped and cook on the other side another 2-3 minutes until well cooked. Remove from pan and repeat for the remaining batter.
- Add your desired toppings and enjoy!
If you make these blender pancakes, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!