Date-Sweetened Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
A creamy, lightly sweetened pumpkin pie smoothie. This refreshing drink is made with pumpkin puree, ice, coconut milk, dates and spiced with cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. This is the perfect way to get your smoothie fix during fall and winter.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, canned
- 3 large Medjool dates, pitted
- 6-8 ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- Pinch of nutmeg, ground
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk or canned light coconut milk
If you have a weaker blender, you can try soaking your dates in hot water for 30 minutes before blending. If you have a Vitamix, you don't need to soak the dates.
Feel free to adjust the sweetness to taste. Try adding more dates or maple syrup as needed. You can also add more spices if desired.