Pretzel Chocolate Quinoa Bars
These granola bars are seriously addictive. They're sweetened with dates only and they're nut-free, gluten-free (if using gluten-free pretzels) and vegan! The quinoa puffs, cocoa nibs and pretzels give them a great crispy texture, while still being chewy from the dates. Think of it as a VERY healthy Rice Krispie bar.
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed butter (or almond or peanut butter)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup quinoa puffs (or rice puffs)
- 1/2 cup pretzels, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup cocoa nibs
- Unsweetened chocolate for drizzling (or dark chocolate)
Line a 9" x 9" square glass dish with parchment paper.
In a food processor, add dates, sunflower seed butter, vanilla and water. Process until smooth, about 1 minute. Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl.
Add quinoa puffs, pretzels, oats and cocoa nibs to the bowl and mix all the ingredients together.
Press the mixture firmly to the bottom of your prepared dish. Pressing it tightly will prevent the bars from falling apart when cutting.
Chill in the freezer or refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before cutting into 12 bars.