Sweet Potato & Toasted Bread Winter Salad
A delicious and satisfying salad to enjoy all winter! Made with greens, roasted sweet potatoes, toasted buttered bread, pecans and dried cranberries, this salad is the perfect addition to your holiday menu. Top it with a tangy white wine vinaigrette for a fancy and healthy salad.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (for roasting)
- 2 slices bread
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 6 cups greens (I recommend shredded kale, arugula or mixed greens)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- chopped pecans and parmesan for topping (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
To make this salad gluten-free, use gluten-free bread.
This recipe makes 4-6 side salads or 2 portions when served as an entrée.