Nourishing Banana Oat Smoothie
A nourishing banana oat smoothie that's filled with nutritious ingredients, including chia, soy milk, almond butter, oats, bananas and dates.
- 1 large banana, sliced and frozen
- 1/4 cup rolled or quick oats
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 Medjool date, pitted
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3/4 cup soy milk, plain, unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 4 ice cubes
You can use any plant-based milk you have on hand. I love soy milk for added protein.
Substitute the almond butter for any other nut or seed butter.
Use ground flax seeds or hemp hearts instead of chia seeds.
Omit the date if you don't have any. It just adds more sweetness to the recipe, along with the banana. You can use maple syrup or honey if preferred.
For added fiber and color, feel free to add a handful of spinach.