Vegan Chickpea Pasta Salad with Tahini Dressing
A simple and healthy vegan pasta salad made with chickpeas, vegetables and tahini dressing. All done in under 30 minutes!
- 1 box (375g) whole wheat pasta
- 1 can (540ml) chickpeas, drained
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 2 handfuls arugula
- Nutritional yeast, for topping
- Sunflower seeds, for topping (optional)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 2-3 tablespoons water as needed
Boil the pasta according to package instructions.
Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables.
Make the dressing: In a small jar or bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the tahini dressing (except water) until smooth. The dressing should get a lot thicker as you stir. Add the water, one tablespoon at a time until the dressing thins out a bit. I usually use 2-3 tablespoons for a creamy dressing.
When the pasta is done, drain and rinse with cold water (if serving cold, this stops the pasta from cooking farther. If serving warm, you can skip this step). Return to the same pot and add the prepared vegetables and tahini dressing. Mix all the ingredients together and sprinkle with nutritional yeast and sunflower seeds (if desired). Serve immediately or leave in the fridge to cool completely and eat cold. This salad is good warm or cold!