Vegan pumpkin spice oatcakes. A delicious fall-inspired version of my Nova Scotia Oatcakes. Have them for a snack or dessert. All you need is a few pantry ingredients!
Turning my Easy Nova Scotia Oatcakes into a spiced fall recipe. These oatcakes are incredibly easy and made with basic ingredients you likely already have on hand.
What you need: Oats, flour, vegan butter, pumpkin spice mix, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and water.
You can eat them as is or serve them with a drizzle of chocolate or topped with more vegan butter. Your choice!
Notes on the Recipe:
- You can try this recipe with different flours. White flour is my favorite, but whole wheat or spelt flour also work for higher fiber options.
- For a gluten-free option, you can try oat flour or all-purpose gluten-free flour.
- Traditionally, oatcakes are served plain, but I love to add a drizzle of chocolate. White chocolate would also pair very well with the spices in this recipe.
- Finally, this recipe will work with rolled and quick oats. Traditionally, oatcakes were made with old-fashioned rolled oats. This is what I used for my final recipe.
- Feel free to adjust the spices in this recipe.
More Oatcakes Recipes:
I hope you’ll enjoy these fall-inspired oatcakes as much as I do!
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Oatcakes
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour, spoon and leveled
- 2/3 cup vegan butter, cold
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice mix
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Chocolate for drizzling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the oats, flour, brown sugar, salt, pumpkin spice, cinnamon and baking soda to a medium mixing bowl. Stir together.
- Add the cold butter and combine it to the dry mixture, using a fork or your hands. You want to get a crumbly mixture. Add the water and stir it all together until you get a slightly wet dough.
- Sprinkle flour on a clean surface. Transfer the dough to the floured surface. Sprinkle a small amount of flour on the dough and roll out until you get a 1/2" thick rectangle. Cut into 12 squares and transfer to the baking sheet, placed close together (see pictures). You can also do these steps directly on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden and crispy with a slightly soft middle.
- Let them cool completely, then drizzle with melted chocolate if desired. Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the freezer. They will be slightly crumbly, especially when warm.
If you make these pumpkin spice oatcakes, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!