A festive vegan mint chocolate smoothie. This easy smoothie recipe is made with bananas, dates, plant-based milk, cocoa powder, hemp hearts and peppermint extract. It’s a simple and refreshing vegan breakfast or snack.
Are you looking for a delicious smoothie to enjoy during the colder months? This mint chocolate smoothie is the perfect festive breakfast. It’s refreshing thanks to the peppermint extract, yet rich thanks to the cocoa. Plus, it also contains a good dose of protein thanks to soy milk and hemp hearts. It makes for a delicious small breakfast or snack during the holidays.
This recipe is also naturally vegan, gluten-free and nut-free!
How To Make a Vegan Mint Chocolate Smoothie:
What you need: One frozen banana, one date, cocoa powder, hemp hearts, soy milk and peppermint extract.
If you don’t have frozen bananas, start by slicing fresh bananas and store them in the freezer overnight.
Once the ingredients are ready, add all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
Notes on the Recipe:
- This recipe is made with soy milk, but feel free to use your favorite plant-based milk. Ideally, choose a plain and unsweetened plant-based milk to avoid significantly changing the flavor of the smoothie. I love using soy milk to add more protein to the smoothie.
- Feel free to add more cocoa powder and peppermint extract to taste.
- I love adding hemp hearts to this smoothie to add more protein and healthy fats. Feel free to skip the hemp hearts or a a little more to taste.
What’s the difference between mint and peppermint?
Peppermint extract is made of peppermint leaves, while mint extract is made of spearmint and peppermint. Peppermint pairs best with sweet recipes and especially chocolate. This is what was used in this recipe and it’s what I recommend using.
More Vegan Smoothie Recipes:
- Simple Strawberry, Banana and Orange Smoothie
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Nourishing Banana Oat Smoothie
- Date-Sweetened Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- My Favorite Protein Green Smoothie
- Golden Mango Citrus Smoothie
- Pink Berry Lime Smoothie
Vegan Mint Chocolate Smoothie
- 1 large banana, sliced and frozen
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1 Medjool date, pitted
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3/4 cup soy milk or other plant-based milk, plain and unsweetened
- Start by freezing the banana overnight if you don't already have frozen bananas on hand.
- When the ingredients are ready, add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the cocoa powder and peppermint extract if needed. Enjoy!
If you make this vegan mint chocolate smoothie, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!