Vegan London Fog. A simple tea latte made with Earl Grey tea, almond milk and vanilla. This cozy drink is made in 5 minutes of preparation and is perfectly infused with a light vanilla flavor.
We made it to London! We’ve officially entered the last month of our 3 month adventure across Europe.
Until Christmas, we’re staying in a tiny home, just outside of London. We’ll be exploring different parts of the city most days, with a few day trips around England. We’re then finishing our travels with a few nights in Edinburgh.
On Christmas morning, we’re taking the plane and making our way to New Brunswick to spend Christmas with family. We have a great month ahead of us!
And so today, I’m sharing the most simple latte – A London Fog.
Despite what you may think, the London Fog latte didn’t actually originate from London. I learned this as I was looking for an England-inspired recipe to share with you guys this month. In fact, the London Fog latte originated in Vancouver. We learn something new every day!
Nevertheless, I’m here sharing a London Fog latte while I’m here in London.
How to Make a London Fog Latte:
- Start by steeping your Earl Grey tea in hot water. I love to steep it for a good 5 minutes so that the tea is nice and strong.
- Meanwhile, heat your almond milk in a saucepan and whisk until frothy. You could also use a milk steamer if you have one. Once done, whisk in the vanilla.
- Pour the warm, frothy almond milk in the tea. Done!
I prefer my tea just like this, but if you like a sweet tea, add your sweetener of choice, to taste. a touch of honey would be good.
You can also use a different type of milk, but I personally prefer almond milk. Make it your own!
I hope you’ll enjoy this cozy drink as much as I do! Find more cozy drink recipes here.
Vegan London Fog Tea Latte
- 1 bag Earl Grey Tea
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Sweetener to taste, optional
- Boil the water in a kettle, then steep the tea bag in 3/4 cup of hot water for 5 minutes. You want the tea to be strong.
- Meanwhile, bring the almond milk to a low boil in a small saucepan. Let it simmer for 4-5 minutes over medium heat, while whisking vigorously. The milk should foam.
- Add the vanilla to the milk and whisk a few more seconds.
- Pour the warm milk over the strong tea. Serve immediately.
If you make this London Fog tea latte, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!