A cozy vegan London Fog hot chocolate. This creamy hot chocolate is infused with Earl Grey tea, which pairs perfectly with dark chocolate and oat milk. All you need is 5 ingredients and less than 15 minutes.
The perfect winter cozy drink. This hot chocolate is made on the stovetop with just 5 simple ingredients. It’s packed with chocolate flavor and infused with a hint of Earl Grey Tea. You can easily adjust the steeping time (and amount of tea) to adjust the taste to your preference.
If you’re looking for a basic London Fog tea latte, you can find my go-to recipe here. If you’re looking for a sweeter chocolate drink and love Earl Grey tea, this recipe is for you.
London Fog Hot Chocolate Ingredients:
- Plant-Based Milk: This recipe is made with oat milk. You can use a combination of oat milk and coconut milk for an extra creamy option. You could also try using cashew milk or almond milk, but I haven’t tried these options. Just keep in mind that the flavor will be affected by the milk you choose to use. Make sure to use plain and unsweetened milk for the best results.
- Earl Grey Tea: Earl Grey tea is infused in the milk for a London Fog flavor.
- Chocolate and Cocoa Powder: This recipe uses both chocolate chips and cocoa powder. This results in an extra creamy and flavorful drink. I use the Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate.
- Sugar: I use granulated white sugar, but maple syrup or coconut sugar would also work. Adjust the sweetness to taste.
How to Make a Vegan London Fog Hot Chocolate:
Here are the steps to make a vegan London Fog hot chocolate at home.
- Steep the Tea
Add the oat milk to a small saucepan and bring to a low boil over high heat. Add the tea bags and remove from heat. Let the tea steep in the oat milk for 5-10 minutes. Remove the tea bags, making sure to squeeze out any liquid for more flavor. The longer you let the tea steep, the stronger the Earl Grey flavor will be.
- Add the Chocolate and Sweetener
Heat the Earl Grey infused oat milk over medium heat and add the vegan chocolate, cocoa powder, sugar and salt. Whisk until the chocolate has melted and you get a warm and creamy hot chocolate.
Serve the hot chocolate with vegan marshmallows or vegan whipped cream. It’s also delicious on its own!
Vegan London Fog Hot Chocolate FAQ:
Yes! You can use your favorite plant-based milk. I haven’t tried every plant-based milk with this recipe, so I can’t guarantee good results with each. Almond or cashew milk should work well. You can also use a combination of oat and coconut milk. If you want to try making it entirely with coconut milk, I recommend using light coconut milk.
White granulated sugar works perfectly. You can also use coconut sugar or maple syrup. Adjust the sweetness to taste. You might also find it sweet enough with just the chocolate chips! I personally love it with 1-2 teaspoons of granulated sugar.
More Recipes You Might Like:
- Vegan London Fog Tea Latte
- Vegan Peanut Butter Hot Cocoa
- Vegan Salted Maple Hot Cocoa
- Blender Almond Hot Cocoa
Vegan London Fog Hot Chocolate Video:
Vegan London Fog Hot Chocolate
- 3 cups oat milk, plain and unsweetened
- 3-4 bags Earl Grey tea
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate, dark or semi-sweet
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar, or other sweetener to taste
- Pinch of salt
- Vegan marshmallows, for topping
- Add the oat milk to a small saucepan and bring to a low boil over high heat. Add the tea bags and remove from heat. Let the tea steep into the oat milk for 5-10 minutes. Remove the tea bags, making sure to squeeze out any liquid for more flavor. The longer you let the tea steep, the stronger the Earl Grey flavor will be.
- Heat the Earl Grey infused oat milk over medium heat and add the vegan chocolate, cocoa powder, sugar and salt. Whisk until the chocolate has melted and you get a warm and creamy hot chocolate.
- Serve warm with vegan marshmallows if desired.
If you make this London fog hot chocolate, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!
Looking for More?
Check out my Cozy Vegan Drinks eBook. It’s packed with a total of 22 warm beverage recipes, including vegan lattes, hot cocoas, matcha lattes, teas and more!