A delicious vegan lasagna with tofu ricotta. The ultimate vegan comfort food. This lasagna is high in protein and made with only 10 basic ingredients.
Looking for the best vegan comfort food? I have the perfect recipe for you! This vegan lasagna is easy, delicious, nutritious and comforting.
I can’t think of a better dish to enjoy on a cold winter day. Make it on the weekend for a delicious family dinner, serve it as a vegan option at your holiday table or enjoy it as a quick(ish) weeknight dinner.
How to Make Vegan Lasagna
There are a few steps to this recipe, but trust me, it’s a lot easier than it sounds!
First, you start by making a 3-ingredient vegan parmesan. Just add cashews, nutritional yeast, garlic and salt to a food processor or blender. Pulse a few times and you have vegan parmesan! It takes less than 5 minutes.
Second, make the vegan tofu ricotta. I use this recipe, which is made with tofu, lemon juice, garlic, oil, salt and nutritional yeast. Just blend all the ingredients together and that’s it! Use the same food processor that you used for the parmesan (there’s no need to clean it in between).
Finally, assemble your lasagna. Start by adding a layer of sauce at the bottom. Add a layer of noodles, followed by half of the ricotta. Next, add another layer of noodles and a layer of sauce. Finish with another layer of noodles, the other half of ricotta and a final layer of noodles. Top with the remaining sauce and a generous sprinkle of vegan parmesan.
Bake for 30 minutes and you’re done!
Notes on the Recipe
- This recipe uses store-bought marinara sauce for convenience. If you prefer making it from scratch, use your favorite recipe!
- To save one step, you can top the lasagna with store-bought vegan cheese instead of vegan parmesan.
- For a nut-free option, try making the parmesan with sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds instead of cashews.
- Feel free to add extra flavors, such as mixing some Italian spices to the marinara sauce or extra garlic to the tofu ricotta.
- This recipe serves 6 larger portions or 8 smaller portions.
Vegan Lasagna with Tofu Ricotta
- 12 lasagna noodles (about 3/4 of a 375g pack)
- 1 jar (650ml) vegan marinara sauce (or your favorite pasta sauce)
- 1 batch vegan tofu ricotta
- 2 small handfuls baby spinach
- 1 cup cashews, raw or dry roasted, unsalted
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Start by making the vegan parmesan. In a food processor or blender, add the cashews, garlic, nutritional yeast and salt. Pulse a few times until you get a fine crumb. Set aside.
- Prepare the tofu ricotta. Set aside.
- Assemble the lasagna: Spread 1 scant cup of marinara sauce at the bottom of a 8" x 11" (2L) casserole dish. Add 1 layer of lasagna noodles (I used 3 noodles per layer). Next, spread half of the vegan ricotta. It doesn't have to be perfectly spread. Top with 1 small handful of spinach. Add a second layer of lasagna noodles, then spread 1 scant cup of marinara sauce. Add a third layer of lasagna noodles, followed by the other half of the ricotta. Add another small handful of spinach. Finally, add one last layer of lasagna noodles and top it with the remaining marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle with a generous amount of vegan parmesan on top. If you have leftover vegan parmesan, store it in the fridge in an airtight container and use it in salads, casseroles, pasta, etc.
- Cover the lasagna with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350F.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
If you make this vegan lasagna, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!