Vegan funfetti birthday mug cake. A quick and easy cake made in the microwave in less than 5 minutes. It’s the perfect single serving dessert for any occasion!
Celebrating 27 years next week with a vegan funfetti birthday mug cake.
This mug cake is made with only 8 ingredients in less than 5 minutes. Simply add all the ingredients to a mug, microwave the batter for 60-90 seconds and you’ll have a delicious single serve dessert. This recipe is perfect for any occasion, whether you’re celebrating something or not. It’s a great option if you’re looking for a quick dessert for one or two people.
How to Make a Funfetti Mug Cake
Start by adding your dry ingredients in a mug. You’ll need all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and sprinkles. Stir to combine. Next, add your liquid ingredients, including oat milk, oil and vanilla. Whisk together until combined and no clumps remain.
Microwave the batter for 60-90 seconds or until you get a light and fluffy cake. This recipe makes one cake, which you can enjoy by yourself or you can share it with someone special. Top it with a scoop of your favorite vegan ice cream or a dollop of vegan whipped cream.
Notes on Substitutions
- Omit the sprinkles to make a plain vanilla cake. It’s just as good!
- You can use any light tasting oil, such as avocado oil or vegetable oil.
- If you don’t have plain and unsweetened oat milk, you can use any other plant-based milk. Ideally, use a plain and unsweetened plant-based milk as this is what was used to test this recipe.
- I haven’t tried making this recipe with other flours. If you try any other flours, let me know how it turns out in the comments!
Serve this cake with a scoop of your favorite vegan ice cream. Vanilla ice cream will be a great option, but you can try other flavors.
Not an ice cream lover? You can top it with vegan whipped cream or coconut whipped cream instead. It’s also good plain, but toppings do take it to the next level.
This vegan mug cake is not made to be healthy or nutritious and that’s okay. We don’t need to healthify everything we eat. Vegans and non-vegans all need delicious cake options! I hope you’ll love this one.
More Vegan Cake (or Cake Alternative) Options:
- Vegan Chai Cupcakes
- Vegan Berry Cheesecake Cups (No Added Sugar)
- Vegan Chickpea-Nut Butter Ice Cream Cake
Vegan Funfetti Birthday Mug Cake
- 1/4 cup white all-purpose flour, spoon and level
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil, or other light tasting oil
- 3 tablespoons oat milk, unsweetened, plain
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2-1 teaspoon vegan sprinkles (optional)
- Vegan ice cream, for topping
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and sprinkles to a medium mug. Stir to combine.
- Add the oat milk, oil and vanilla to the dry mixture. Stir using a spoon or small whisk until combined. Make sure not to overmix, but mix until smooth.
- Microwave for 60-90 seconds. The timing will depend on your microwave. Keep an eye on the cake and if it overflows (this shouldn't be an issue), heat it in small intervals.
- Serve with a scoop of your favorite vegan ice cream if desired.
If you make this vegan mug cake, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!