Vegan fudgy mug brownie. This mug brownie is made with simple ingredients in less than 5 minutes. Enjoy it with dairy-free ice cream for a delicious dessert, for one or two!
Last year I celebrated my birthday with a Vegan Funfetti Birthday Mug Cake, this year I’m celebrating with a vegan fudgy mug brownie. This is the perfect dessert for one or two! All you need is a few simple ingredients you likely already have in your kitchen.
How to Make a Vegan Mug Brownie
Start by adding the vegan butter to a mug and melt it in the microwave, about 20 seconds. Stir in the other wet ingredients, including the plant-based milk and vanilla. Next, add the sugar, flour, cocoa powder and salt. Stir until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Microwave for 60-90 seconds or until you get fudgy brownie. This recipe makes one to two servings. Top it with a scoop of your favorite vegan ice cream.
- For a gluten-free option, you can use Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 gluten-free flour mix.
- If you prefer, you can swap the vegan butter for a light-tasting oil, such as avocado oil.
- Use any plant-based milk you have on hand, ideally plain and unsweetened to avoid affecting the flavor of the brownie. I tested this recipe with both soy milk and oat milk.
- This recipe works with both white sugar and brown sugar. Make sure to use vegan sugar to make this recipe 100% vegan.
- Use your favorite vegan chocolate chips. I love using Enjoy Life semi-sweet mini chocolate chips.
More Vegan Mug Desserts:
Vegan Ice Cream Recipes to Serve with this Mug Brownie
- Chickpea-Nut Butter Ice Cream
- Salted Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- Cashew Coconut Vanilla Ice Cream
Watch How to Make the Recipe:
Vegan Fudgy Mug Brownie
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon plant-based milk, plain and unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, white or whole wheat
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegan chocolate chips, dark or semi-sweet
- Add the vegan butter to a mug and melt in the microwave, about 20 seconds.
- Add the plant-based milk and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the brown sugar, cocoa powder, flour and salt. Whisk until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 60-90 seconds. Microwave it for closer to 60 seconds for a fudgier brownie and closer to 90 seconds for more of a cake-like brownie.
If you make this vegan mug brownie, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!