Vegan Eggnog Latte
The perfect vegan eggnog latte. This latte is rich, creamy and made with only 3 ingredients. Top it with vegan whipped cream and a touch of nutmeg to take it to the next level.
Are you a fan of eggnog? My guess is yes if you’re here. In our house, it has always been a holiday favorite. My parents would stock up on several cartons of eggnog every year around Christmas and that didn’t change when I started eating a vegan diet.
I do love to make it homemade on occasions, but my absolute favorite is the Holiday Nog from So Delicious. This year, I started using it in lattes and it’s a game changer.
How to Make a Vegan Eggnog Latte
Start by preparing your coffee using your preferred method. Meanwhile, heat your eggnog and oat milk in a saucepan. Pour the warm eggnog over the prepared coffee. Top it with whipped cream and a pinch of nutmeg if desired. Enjoy!
Notes on the Recipe:
- The eggnog that you use will affect the taste of your latte. My personal favorite is the Holiday Nog from So Delicious. If like me, you’re not a fan of almond milk in coffee, I would avoid using an almond-based eggnog. I didn’t find it bad, but I much prefer a coconut-based eggnog in this latte.
- I like to add a touch of oat milk with the eggnog to make it just a little less sweet. If you want an extra sweet latte, just use more eggnog instead of oat milk. You can also substitute the oat milk with other plant-based milks you enjoy in coffee.
- You can top this latte with store-bought vegan whipped cream or coconut whipped cream if desired.
How to Make Coconut Whipped Cream
Start by putting a can of full fat coconut milk in the fridge overnight or for at least 18-24 hours. The can of coconut milk should get separated into coconut water and coconut cream. Every brand will be different. I use the Compliment’s coconut whipped cream here in Canada.
When you’re ready to make the coconut whipped cream, open the can and scoop out the coconut cream into a mixing bowl. Store the coconut water in an airtight container in the fridge (I like to use it in a smoothie). Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, whip the cream until fluffy, about 1-2 minutes.
Feel free to add a touch of oat milk if it’s too thick or a touch of vanilla extract for flavor.
Watch How to Make the Recipe:
Vegan Eggnog Latte
- 3/4 cup (175ml) vegan eggnog (see notes)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) unsweetened plain oat milk (or more vegan eggnog)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) strong coffee or espresso (see notes)
- Coconut whipped cream or vegan whipped cream, for topping (optional)
- Pinch of nutmeg, for topping (optional)
- Prepare the coffee using your method of choice (see notes).
- Add your eggnog and oat milk to a small saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat until it gets to a low boil or until it warms up to your liking, about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the warm eggnog over your prepared coffee. Top with whipped cream and a pinch of nutmeg if desired. Serve immediately.
If you make this eggnog latte, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!
Looking for more?
Check out my Cozy Vegan Drinks eBook. It’s packed with a total of 22 warm beverage recipes, including vegan lattes, hot cocoas, matcha lattes, teas and more!