The perfect vegan eggnog latte. This latte is rich, creamy and made with only 3 ingredients. Top it with vegan whipped cream and a touch of nutmeg to take it to the next level.
Are you a fan of eggnog? My guess is yes if you’re here. In our house, it has always been a holiday favorite. My parents would stock up on several cartons of eggnog every year around Christmas and that didn’t change when I started eating a vegan diet.
I do love to make it homemade on occasions, but my absolute favorite is the Holiday Nog from So Delicious. This year, I started using it in lattes and it’s a game changer.
How to Make a Vegan Eggnog Latte
Start by preparing your coffee using your preferred method. Meanwhile, heat your eggnog and oat milk in a saucepan. Pour the warm eggnog over the prepared coffee. Top it with whipped cream and a pinch of nutmeg if desired. Enjoy!
Notes on the Recipe:
- The eggnog that you use will affect the taste of your latte. My personal favorite is the Holiday Nog from So Delicious. If like me, you’re not a fan of almond milk in coffee, I would avoid using an almond-based eggnog. I didn’t find it bad, but I much prefer a coconut-based eggnog in this latte.
- I like to add a touch of oat milk with the eggnog to make it just a little less sweet. If you want an extra sweet latte, just use more eggnog instead of oat milk. You can also substitute the oat milk with other plant-based milks you enjoy in coffee.
- You can top this latte with store-bought vegan whipped cream or coconut whipped cream if desired.
How to Make Coconut Whipped Cream
Start by putting a can of full fat coconut milk in the fridge overnight or for at least 18-24 hours. The can of coconut milk should get separated into coconut water and coconut cream. Every brand will be different. I use the Compliment’s coconut whipped cream here in Canada.
When you’re ready to make the coconut whipped cream, open the can and scoop out the coconut cream into a mixing bowl. Store the coconut water in an airtight container in the fridge (I like to use it in a smoothie). Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, whip the cream until fluffy, about 1-2 minutes.
Feel free to add a touch of oat milk if it’s too thick or a touch of vanilla extract for flavor.
Watch How to Make the Recipe:
Vegan Eggnog Latte
- 3/4 cup (175ml) vegan eggnog (see notes)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) unsweetened plain oat milk (or more vegan eggnog)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) strong coffee or espresso (see notes)
- Coconut whipped cream or vegan whipped cream, for topping (optional)
- Pinch of nutmeg, for topping (optional)
- Prepare the coffee using your method of choice (see notes).
- Add your eggnog and oat milk to a small saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat until it gets to a low boil or until it warms up to your liking, about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the warm eggnog over your prepared coffee. Top with whipped cream and a pinch of nutmeg if desired. Serve immediately.
If you make this eggnog latte, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!