A healthy vegan chocolate peanut butter smoothie that’s made with frozen bananas, cocoa powder, peanut butter, soy milk and oats. It’s high in protein and fiber, making it a filling and nutritious snack or breakfast.
A filling and nutritious smoothie that tastes like a chocolate milkshake. This chocolate smoothie contains a good amount of protein from the soy milk, hemp hearts and peanut butter. It’s also packed with fiber and healthy fats. It’s perfect for a satisfying breakfast or snack!
This smoothie is inspired by my 4-ingredient chocolate peanut butter smoothie. This new version is higher and protein and ideal for a filling meal. Both are equally delicious!
In This Smoothie
- Frozen bananas: For sweetness.
- Soy milk: Used as a high-protein liquid.
- Oats: For added fiber and satiety.
- Hemp hearts: Adds healthy fats, fiber and plant-based protein.
- Peanut butter: For flavor, fats, fiber and plant-based protein.
- Cocoa powder: For a delicious chocolate flavor.
- Vanilla: Adds a touch of flavor.
Notes on Substitutions
- You can use any plant-based milk. Soy milk is my personal favorite and it adds more protein. However, other plain plant-based milks will work.
- Feel free to skip the hemp hearts and oats if preferred. They add a subtle flavor to this smoothie, which might not be for everyone.
- You can use rolled oats or quick oats. Both work well.
- Add more or less cocoa powder and peanut butter to taste. This recipe is easily customizable.
More Vegan Smoothie Recipes
- Large batch green smoothie
- Nourishing strawberry banana oat smoothie
- Simple strawberry, banana and orange smoothie
- Nourishing banana oat smoothie
- My favorite protein green smoothie
- Golden mango citrus smoothie
- Pink berry lime smoothie
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- 2 bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup soy milk, plain and unsweetened (more as needed)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- If the bananas aren't frozen already, slice and freeze them overnight.
- To make the smoothie, add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth. Enjoy!
If you make this chocolate peanut butter smoothie, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!