A delicious vegan tempeh Buffalo Caesar wrap. This nutritious wrap is made with a simple tahini Caesar salad dressing, homemade (or store-bought) vegan Buffalo sauce, croutons, lettuce, tempeh and your favorite tortillas.
If you love Caesar salad and a little spice, you need this recipe in your life. This vegan Buffalo Caesar wrap is packed with flavor and makes for a perfect satisfying and nutritious lunch.
While this recipe has several steps, all you need is 30 minutes from start to finish. Plus, you have the option to use store-bought sauces and croutons for a quicker option. This will cut the time to less than 15 minutes – An ideal option for busy weekdays.
I shared the recipes that I used for homemade Caesar dressing, Buffalo sauce and croutons, but you don’t need to follow all of these steps. There’s nothing wrong with using shortcuts in the kitchen, so do what works best for you!
If you’re not a fan of tempeh, you can also make this recipe with tofu! I’m sharing more ingredient substitutions below.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free tortillas and croutons.
- To save time, you can use store-bought vegan Buffalo sauce, Caesar dressing and/or croutons.
- Use your favorite leafy greens. Romaine, mixed greens or massaged kale will work well.
- You should be able to make this recipe with tofu instead of tempeh, but I haven’t tried it myself.
- Feel free to add more vegetables to your wrap. Shredded carrots would add a nice crunch.
- Not a fan of spicy food? Skip the Buffalo sauce and cook the tempeh with oil, salt and garlic powder. You’ll still get some flavor from the Caesar dressing.
More Tempeh Recipes:
- Tempeh Kale Salad with Tahini Dressing
- Vegan Caesar Salad with Tempeh & Sweet Potatoes
- Tamari Almond Tempeh Burger
- Vegetarian Tempeh Gyros – Nourished by Caroline
Tempeh Buffalo Caesar Wrap
- 1 pack tempeh, sliced
- 4 handfuls leafy greens of choice
- 4 12" flour tortillas
Homemade Buffalo Sauce
- 1/3 cup hot sauce (I used Frank's RedHot sauce)
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Tahini Caesar Dressing
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 small garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 tablespoons water, as needed
- 2 slices bread of choice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Start by making the Buffalo sauce (or skip this step and use store-bought sauce): Add all the Buffalo sauce ingredients to a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir to combine. Once the vegan butter has melted, the sauce is well mixed and starts to bubble, remove from heat. Set aside.
- Prepare the Caesar dressing (or use store-bought): In a small jar, whisk together all the Caesar dressing ingredients, except the water. Add water, a little at a time, until the sauce reaches your desired consistency (about 1-2 tablespoons).
- Prepare the croutons (or use store-bought): Preheat the oven to 400°F. Cut the bread into little cubes and toss with the olive oil, garlic powder and salt on a baking sheet. Toast for 10 minutes or until golden and crispy. Remove from the oven and let the croutons sit on the baking sheet while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Prepare the tempeh: Add the tempeh to a non-stick pan over medium heat. Stir in 1/3 cup of Buffalo sauce and toss to coat evenly. Cook 4-5 minutes on each side. Add more Buffalo sauce if needed during cooking or when serving.
- Assemble the wraps: Serve each tortilla with a handful of lettuce, a few slices of tempeh, a generous drizzle of Caesar dressing and croutons. Enjoy!
If you make this tempeh Buffalo Caesar wrap, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!