Sweet peach kale salad with feta and toasted pecans. A delicious sweet and savory salad made with simple ingredients.
The ultimate summer salad. This recipe is packed with delicious summer produce and served with feta and pecans for a salty and crunchy topping. If you’re looking for a savory way to use peaches, I highly recommend trying them in salads. The sweet and savory combination is the best and it’s exactly what this salad is all about.
- Kale: Kale is a hearty green and is best when massaged in salads. If you’re not a fan of hearty greens, I’m sharing some substitutions in the FAQ section.
- Arugula: Arugula adds a peppery flavor to the salad. You can skip it if you don’t have it.
- Peaches: Sweet peaches help create a delicious sweet and savory salad.
- Red Onions: Make sure to slice the red onion very thinly to avoid large bites of onions in the salad. You can use less or skip the onions if you’re not a fan.
- Pecans: The pecans are toasted to bring out their delicious nutty flavor. They also add a crunch to the salad.
- Feta: Feta adds a delicious salty touch to the salad. You can also use goat cheese if preferred, or vegan feta for a vegan option.
- Vinaigrette: The vinaigrette is made with olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, garlic and salt. You can also add a touch of maple syrup if you want.
How to Make a Peach Kale Salad:
Here are the steps to make a simple peach kale salad.
- Prepare the Vinaigrette
In a small jar or bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, garlic and salt. Set aside.
- Massage the Kale
Place the chopped kale in a large bowl. Add the vinaigrette and massage with your hands to incorporate the dressing and tenderize the kale. Set aside to let the kale marinate until the other ingredients are ready.
- Toast the Pecans
In a small pan, toast the pecans over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
Transfer the pecans and feta to the kale, along with the arugula, red onion and peaches and toss all the ingredients together.
Peach Kale Salad FAQ:
Yes! Make this recipe vegan by using vegan feta or your favorite crumbly vegan cheese. You can also skip the cheese if you don’t have access to vegan feta or a similar alternative.
Yes! If you’re not a fan of hearty kale salads, you can use a more delicate green. Baby spinach would be a lovely option, but regular green lettuce would work too. Skip the massaging step if using these.
More Salad Recipes You Might Like:
- Tempeh Kale Salad with Tahini Dressing
- Summer Quinoa Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
- Vegan Sweet Potato Winter Salad with Toasted Pecans
- Lentil Quinoa Salad with Nutritional Yeast Dressing
- Sweet Potato Kale & Black Bean Quinoa Salad
Sweet Peach Kale Salad with Feta & Toasted Pecans
- 4 cups kale, shredded
- 3 cups arugula
- 1/2 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- In a small jar or bowl, whisk together all of the vinaigrette ingredients. Set aside.
- Place the kale in a large bowl. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and massage with your hands to incorporate the dressing and tenderize the kale. Set aside to let the kale marinate until the other ingredients are ready.
- In a small pan, toast the pecans over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant. Stir a few times.
- Transfer the pecans and feta to the kale, along with the arugula, red onion and peaches and toss all the ingredients together. Serve immediately.
If you make this peach kale salad, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!