Welcoming the first week of fall with the healthiest date-sweetened pumpkin spice latte.
When I think of a cozy fall drink, I immediately think of the pumpkin spice latte.
As I discovered last year, you can blend cashews and coffee together to make the most delicious and creamy drink. Since then, I’ve been experimenting with many cozy drinks, including peanut butter hot chocolate, chai latte, peppermint mocha and mint matcha latte. Now I have a new addition to my healthy hot drink collection: This date-sweetened pumpkin spice latte. And believe me, it’s a fall must-try.
If you tried any of my other latte recipes, you know how this works.
First, you brew your coffee. I make mine using a French press, but any other method will work.
Second, you add the cashews, date and flavor boosters (in this case, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spices) into the blender, along with the coffee.
Third, blend everything together for 30 seconds until you get a creamy, frothy drink.
That is all.
You’re left with a ridiculously healthy pumpkin spice latte. No added sugar and no milk or cream included. Now, I hope this makes your fall just a little better.
Date-Sweetened Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 2 cups brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger, ground
- Pinch each of ground nutmeg and clove
- 1-2 Medjool dates, pitted (or maple syrup to taste)
- Prepare your coffee with your method of choice.
- In a high-speed blender, add the remaining ingredients, along with the prepared coffee. Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth and frothy. Serve immediately.
If you try this recipe, make sure to tag your photo #unsweetenedcaroline on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Don’t forget to also tag me @unsweetened.caroline on Instagram so I can see your creations!