Sesame Ramen Noodles with Crispy Tofu
Sesame ramen noodles with crispy tofu. This quick and easy recipe is packed with flavor. Serve it with crushed peanuts, sesame seeds and green onions for a light, yet satisfying vegan meal.
After years of eating my peanut ramen noodles on repeat, I created a new delicious variation. This sesame ramen noodle bowl is packed with flavor and served with crispy tofu, green onions, crushed peanuts and sesame seeds.
What You Need:
- Avocado oil, or light tasting oil (to cook the crispy tofu)
- Extra-firm tofu
- Ramen noodles
- Peanut butter
- Soy sauce
- Toasted sesame oil
- Rice vinegar
- Maple syrup
- Sriracha (optional, for a bit of heat)
Serve each bowl with crushed peanuts, sesame seeds and green onions. You can also find suggestions for adding vegetables and other protein sources below.
How to Make Vegan Sesame Ramen Noodles with Crispy Tofu:
Here are the simple steps that you need to make delicious sesame ramen noodles.
- Cook the Tofu
Start by cooking the tofu for 7-8 minutes on one side, then flip and cook another 4-5 minutes.
- Cook the Noodles
While the tofu is cooking, boil water in a medium saucepan and cook the ramen noodles according to the package’s instructions.
- Prepare the Sauce
Next, prepare the sauce: Whisk together the tahini, peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, maple syrup, garlic, ginger and sriracha.
Finally, pour the sauce in the skillet with the tofu. Add the noodles and toss everything together. Serve with crushed peanuts, sesame seeds and green onions.
Ingredient Substitutions and Add-Ins:
- Use your favorite ramen noodles. I use these ones. If your ramen noodles come with a flavor pack, don’t use it!
- If you don’t have ramen noodles, you can use your noodles of choice. Rice noodles would work well (don’t overcook them!). You can also use your favorite wheat pasta in a pinch.
- Serve the noodles with vegetables, such as sauteed bok choy, broccoli, broccolini, bell peppers or more. Roasted broccoli would be delicious too. For a quick option, add julienned carrots to the noodles during the last minute of cooking, like I did with these peanut ramen noodles.
- Switch up the protein. Feel free to swap the crispy tofu with tempeh or edamame. If using edamame, you can skip one step. Simply add shelled frozen edamame to the pasta during the last few minutes of cooking.
More Quick Vegan Dinner Recipes You Might Like:
- Coconut Curry Ramen with Crispy Tofu
- 5-Ingredient Avocado Tofu Pasta
- 15-Minute Peanut Ramen Noodles
- Cozy Winter Salad with Crispy Tofu and Rice
- Meal Prep Sesame Tofu Bowls
- Weeknight Vegetarian Stir Fry
Sesame Ramen Noodles with Crispy Tofu
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil, or light-tasting oil
- 1 block (350g) extra-firm tofu, cut into cubes
- Salt, to taste (optional)
- Pepper, to taste (optional)
- 3 packs (210g) ramen noodles (see notes)
- 3 tablespoons peanuts, crushed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
Sesame Peanut Sauce
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter, natural
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1-2 teaspoons sriracha
- Start by preparing the tofu: Press the tofu for 15 minutes to make it extra crispy. This is optional, but recommended if you have the time. Once the tofu is pressed, heat the avocado oil in a large skillet (non-stick or cast-iron) over medium heat. Add the tofu and cook for 7-8 minutes on one side, then flip and cook another 4-5 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- While the tofu is cooking, boil water in a medium saucepan. Cook the ramen noodles according to the package's instructions.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce: Whisk together the tahini, peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, maple syrup, garlic, ginger and sriracha.
- Pour the sauce in the skillet with the tofu. Add the cooked (and drained) noodles and toss everything together. Serve with crushed peanuts, sesame seeds and green onions. Enjoy!
If you make these sesame ramen noodles, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!
This post contains affiliate links. I only share products that I trust and recommend. Choosing to use these links helps to support me and this blog. Thank you!