The best quick & easy vegan yogurt, made with 6 basic ingredients. This recipe is ready in 5 minutes and can be made with strawberries, berries or other fruits!
Looking for a cheaper alternative to store-bought vegan yogurt? This quick and easy recipe can be made at home with basic ingredients in under 5 minutes!
All you need is tofu, frozen fruit, lemon juice, maple syrup, cashews and vanilla. Just add all of the ingredients in your blender, blend and you’re done! It’s done in the time it would take you to make a smoothie.
This vegan yogurt is great by itself, or served with granola and fresh fruits for breakfast or for a snack. You can also try it with different fruits. Plus, as it’s made with a base of fruits, tofu and nuts, it’s a good source of protein and fiber, making it a more satiating option than coconut-based vegan yogurts. And most importantly, it tastes great!
Notes on the Recipe:
- This recipe works best with a strong high-speed blender, such as a Vitamix or Blentec. If you have a weaker blender, you can try soaking the cashews and thawing your fruits in advance.
- Try this recipe with strawberries (my favorite), blueberries, raspberries, peaches or other fruits. You may need to adjust the sweetener to taste, depending on the fruit. Some will be sweeter than others.
- You can make this recipe with medium or extra-firm tofu. Both work great, though of course, the extra-firm tofu will result in a firmer yogurt.
- Note that the extra-firm tofu also resulted in a stronger tofu taste. For this reason, you may want to add more maple syrup or fruits. With the medium-firm tofu, there’s only a very very slight tofu taste, which I found much better than store-bought versions.
This recipe is adapted from Pinch of Yum’s 5 Minute Vegan “Yogurt”, which was inspired by The Perfect Blend Cookbook.
Quick & Easy Vegan Yogurt
- 1 block (350-450g) tofu (see notes)
- 2 cups frozen strawberries (see notes)
- 1/2 cup cashews, raw or dry roasted
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, more or less to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
If you make this quick & easy vegan yogurt, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!