A quick & easy chickpea salad, packed with cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers and fresh parsley. This simple salad is the perfect make-ahead recipe for work, school or a picnic!
Looking for a quick and easy picnic recipe? Or a great make-ahead salad to pack for work or school? This salad is a must-try.
All you need is 20 minutes of preparation, a few basic vegetables and a couple of cans of chickpeas. Simply toss all the ingredients in a bowl, add the dressing, toss again and done! The easiest salad.
This chickpea salad is packed with fiber and plant-protein, making it a great satisfying salad option. You can serve it as a side dish, as an appetizer or as a main dish if you have a bigger portion. You could also serve it on top of a bed of greens with additional dressing!
Notes on the Recipe
- Do you like onions in a salad? Feel free to add 1/2 a small diced red onion in this salad.
- This recipe calls for English cucumbers. If using garden cucumbers (which have larger seeds and thicker skin), you may want to scoop out the seeds and even peel them.
- You can use either curly-leaf parsley or flat-leaf parsley.
- This recipe stays fresh for a few days, which makes it great for meal-prep! You can take some to work or school or pack some for a picnic.
- This salad serves about 4, more or less depending on if you serve it as a side or main dish.
Quick & Easy Chickpea Salad
- 2 cans (540ml/19oz each) chickpeas, drained and rinsed (about 3 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup English cucumbers, diced
- 1 bell pepper (red, orange or yellow), diced
- 2 cups fresh parsley leaves, chopped and lightly packed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium-large clove garlic, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar, optional
- In a medium-large bowl, toss together the chickpeas, tomatoes, cucumbers, pepper and parsley. Set aside.
- In a small jar, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and white wine vinegar (if using). Close the jar and shake until combined or whisk with a fork.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss together until combined. Taste and add more lemon juice or salt as needed.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
If you make this quick & easy chickpea salad, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!