Pecan pumpkin spiced date bites. My kind of Halloween candy.
And yes, these little energy bites really do taste like candy. They’re perfectly sweetened with dates and flavored with fall spices, including cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and clove.
These pumpkin spiced date bites are inspired by Nature’s Delight pumpkin spiced date rolls. Shaun and I first tried them while we were on Vancouver Island a few weeks ago. We were trying to find healthy snacks for our road trip and I stumbled onto these.
As soon as I took that first bite, I knew I wanted to recreate a cheaper and equally delicious version in my kitchen. Especially considering that they’re a limited edition. This way, I get to enjoy them all year long if I want to. And I must say, they taste very similar to the real thing!
I based myself off their simple ingredient list, so all the ingredients remain the same, except for the allspice, which I replaced with clove. I didn’t have allspice on hand, but if you do, feel free to add a pinch of it to the mix.
Best of all? These pumpkin spiced date bites are SO easy. All you need to do is process all the ingredients in a food processor, form the balls, then roll them in pecan pieces. It’s all done in under 15 minutes.
This recipe makes 10-12 small bites, but if you’d like more, you can easily double the recipe. If you’re anything like me, you’ll want to double the recipe and have a bite with every meal and every snack.
Pecan Pumpkin Spiced Date Bites
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger, ground
- Pinch clove or Allspice
- 1 tablespoon water (or as needed)
- In a food processor, process all ingredients together, except for water and 1/2 cup of pecans.
- Add water as needed and process a few more seconds until the mixture sticks together when pressed. The mixture should be sticky enough to roll into pecans.
- Form 10-12 little balls by rolling the dough in the palm of your hands. Set aside.
- In the same food processor (no need to clean it), process the remaining 1/2 cup of pecans until chopped.
- Roll the date balls into the pecan pieces. Make sure to press the pecans into the date balls so the pieces stick.
If you try this recipe, make sure to tag your photo #unsweetenedcaroline on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Don’t forget to also tag me @unsweetened.caroline on Instagram so I can see your creations!