Pecan chocolate chip cookie bites. A quick and easy snack, made with dates, pecans, oats and chocolate chips. This recipe is made in under 15 minutes using a food processor. They hold well in the fridge or freezer and make for a great snack or dessert on-the-go!
It didn’t take long for me to create a new energy bite since we arrived back home. Clearly it’s my favorite snack and I hope it’s yours too!
This time, I made us pecan chocolate chip cookie bites. Made with just a few simple ingredients you likely already have on hand. The best part about snack bites? They’re extremely versatile!
I love to keep these in the fridge or freezer for quick snacks during the week. They’re actually great eaten straight out of the freezer. They also keep well in a lunch box and are perfect for snacks on the road! I always have a batch with me on road trips and I think you should too.
A Few Notes on the Recipe
As with most energy bites, you can easily change the pecans for other nuts you have at home. I think cashews and walnuts would be great here!
I added chocolate chips, but you can certainly used chopped chocolate (use your favorite bar), cocoa nibs or nothing! If you use cocoa nibs, I would reduce the amount to 1-2 tablespoons.
And speaking of chocolate, I used regular chocolate chips since that’s what I had, but mini chocolate chips would be best. You can also choose to use milk, dark or unsweetened chocolate. I actually used semi-sweet here.
To make this recipe vegan, use dairy-free chocolate. To make it gluten-free, use gluten-free oats!
See? So easy and so versatile!
Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds, ground
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Add the pecans, oats, dates, flax seeds, vanilla, cinnamon and salt to a food processor. Process until you get a fine crumb.
- Add water as needed, 1 tablespoon at a time and keep processing until the mixture sticks together when pressed. You want the mixture to stick together (and not crumble), while adding as little water as possible. I used 1 tablespoon.
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse a few times to incorporate.
- Form 10-12 little balls by rolling the mixture in the palm of your hands.
- Store in a sealable container or bag, in the fridge or freezer. They can be eaten straight from the freezer!
If you make these pecan cookie bites, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!