Peanut butter strawberry swirl ice cream with cookie dough crumble. A perfect summer snack that’s sweetened with fruit. This vegan ice cream is made from frozen bananas and a swirl of peanut butter and mashed strawberries. It’s that simple!
I’m finally sharing the recipe for my peanut butter strawberry swirl ice cream with cookie dough crumble!
I shared a picture on Instagram last week and many of you have been asking for the recipe since then. Well, here it is!
I know that I’m sharing yet another strawberry recipe (see my nut-free strawberry vanilla crumble bars and my strawberry rhubarb & yogurt chia parfait), but I currently can’t get enough. I love strawberry season!
Now, let’s talk about this ice cream. The recipe is fairly simple and I use the food processor for most of the recipe. I start by making the cookie dough crumble. All you need to do is throw all the ingredients in the food processor (except for the cocoa nibs), then process until you get a coarse mixture. I then mix in the cocoa nibs. You can transfer the cookie dough crumble in another bowl, then make the ice cream in the same food processor – You don’t even have to clean it! For the ice cream, just process the frozen bananas until smooth. You can add a splash of milk if your food processor isn’t strong enough to blend the bananas. When it’s all smooth, just stir in the mashed strawberries and peanut butter.
To make the effect you see in the pictures, I stirred the peanut butter with the ice cream before transferring it in the glass. I put a layer of ice cream at the bottom, then a layer of strawberries and another layer of ice cream. With a spoon, I stirred it a little, making swirls in the ice cream. It will be delicious, whether it looks pretty of not! You can then add some cookie dough crumble for topping.
I hope you’ll love the recipe!
Peanut Butter Strawberry Swirl Ice Cream with Cookie Dough Crumble
- 4 bananas, frozen
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
Cookie Dough Crumble
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice or water
- 1 teaspoon cocoa nibs (optional)
- Start by freezing the bananas. Slice them and freeze them in an airtight container or plastic bag overnight or for at least 12 hours.
- Make the cookie dough crumble: In a food processor, add your oats, peanuts, dates and milk (or water). Process until you get a coarse mixture. Transfer the mixture to a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, mash your strawberries. You can leave some texture as desired.
- Make the ice cream: Add your frozen bananas in a food processor. Process until smooth (add a splash of milk if needed). Stir in your peanut butter and mashed strawberries.
- Transfer the ice cream in a serving bowl or glass. Top with the oat crumble. Enjoy!
If you make this strawberry swirl ice cream, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!