No-bake peanut butter cookies that are naturally vegan and gluten-free! These cookies are done in less than 15 minutes and are made with basic pantry ingredients.
The only cookies you’ll need in the summer heat. NO-BAKE peanut butter cookies.
While I do love basic peanut butter cookies, I do enjoy keeping some no-bake treats in my freezer at all times, especially during summer. Why? Because they’re incredibly easy, require no heat and are made with ingredients that are filling and nourishing.
What’s in this recipe exactly? Just dates, oats, peanuts, peanut butter, vanilla and a touch of maple. Basic pantry ingredients you may already have on hand.
Notes on the Recipe
You can use rolled oats or quick oats. It doesn’t make a difference with the end result.
For easier drizzling, try adding a small amount of coconut oil to the chocolate when melting. I use the microwave, 30 seconds at a time for a total of 1 minute and 30 seconds. This will vary with different microwaves. You’ll need about 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. Use more or less to taste or skip it completely.
I like to add a small amount of maple syrup in this recipe as peanuts have a strong taste that go well with a little extra sweetness. This is optional if you want a fruit-sweetened recipe. You may need to add a bit of water to help the mixture stick. This depends on the freshness of your dates.
More No-Bake Desserts and Snacks to Try:
No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (or quick oats)
- 1/2 cup peanuts, raw or dry roasted, unsalted
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, natural
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- Melted chocolate for drizzling
- Add all the ingredients in a food processor. Process until the mixture sticks together when pressed, about 30 seconds.
- Roll the mixture into 8 balls. Using a fork, press the balls to form cookies (as shown in the photos).
- Drizzle with melted chocolate if desired. Store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container.
If you make these peanut butter cookies, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!