Simple no-bake mummy granola bars. This snack is nut-free, making it perfect for a fun Halloween snack at school or a weekend project with kids (or grownups alike).
You guys probably know how much I love my no-bake granola bars by now. At this point, I basically have a bar or energy bite for every occasion. Today, I’m here with a fun Halloween twist: Mummy granola bars.
These no-bake mummy granola bars are packed with wholesome ingredients, including dates, oats and seeds. Even better? The bars themselves are made in under 10 minutes and don’t require any baking. You can then decorate them or keep them as is. If you’re not making them for Halloween, try adding just a simple chocolate drizzle or keeping them plain. They’ll be delicious either way!
How to Make Mummy Granola Bars:
Start by adding your dates, oats, seeds, vanilla, cinnamon and salt to a food processor. Process the ingredients until the mixture sticks together when pressed. If the mixture is dry, just add water. You can then press the mixture to the bottom of a dish. I used two little baking dishes from Stokes Stores, which paired well with the Halloween theme of the recipe! Cut them into bars, then decorate!
To decorate them like mummies, start by melting white chocolate using the microwave or double boiler (use coconut butter for a sugar-free option). Using a spoon, drizzle the chocolate over the granola bars. To make the eyes, melt a small amount of milk or dark chocolate and draw the eyes using a toothpick.
Decorate them or leave them plain. Trust me, they’ll be good either way. And with that I wish you a happy (or spooky?) Halloween week!
This post is sponsored by Stokes Stores. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep this blog going!
No-Bake Mummy Granola Bars (Nut-Free)
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, raw or dry roasted (unsalted)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas), raw or dry roasted (unsalted)
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons water, as needed
- 1/4 cup white chocolate (or coconut butter)
- 1 tablespoon milk, dark or unsweetened chocolate
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor, except for the water and chocolate. Process until you get a fine crumb and the dates are chopped small.
- Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Process until the mixture sticks together when pressed.
- Press the mixture to the bottom of a square or rectangular dish. Cut into 6 large or 8 smaller bars.
- Melt the white chocolate or coconut butter. You can use a double boiler or the microwave for an easy option. Melt 15 seconds at a time to avoid burning.
- Drizzle the chocolate or coconut butter on top of each bars. If you want a cleaner look, you can add the chocolate to a plastic sandwich bag with a small whole cut into a corner. Squeeze the bag to drizzle the chocolate or coconut butter on the bars. For a messier look, use a spoon to drizzle.
- Melt the dark or milk chocolate. Dip a toothpick into the chocolate and use it to make the eyes.
- Place the bars in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer to let the chocolate harden. Enjoy straight from the fridge or freezer.
If you make these mummy granola bars, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!