No-bake mocha donuts, made with nuts, dates, oats and other wholesome ingredients. They’re made in the food processor in under 30 minutes and are topped with a simple frosting and shredded coconut.
We’re revisiting the first recipe I posted on the blog, 3 years ago – Raw espresso donuts. I gave them a little makeover and a different name and I’m sharing the updated version. You can check the original recipe here (just ignore the photos).
What did I change? I used unsweetened chocolate instead of cocoa nibs, I reduced the amount of coffee slightly and I gave you a few more options for the nuts.
The chocolate frosting has also been updated. I don’t always have coconut oil as it’s not something I love to use often, so I skipped it and used high-fat coconut milk instead of light. There’s also a little more cocoa powder and I omitted the coffee grinds here. The result? Less ingredients and a recipe that’s equally as delicious, if not more.
Just like the other donuts, these are made in the food processor and require no baking or frying! Think of it as an energy bite in the shape of a donut (and topped with a creamy frosting).
I updated a few old recipes from the blog that I’ll be sharing while we’re travelling. Don’t worry though, I have plenty of brand new recipes too!
You can still expect one to two recipes per week, along with a few non-recipe posts (travel updates, coffee breaks and wedding things). Many of you also requested posts on what we’re eating while travelling and how to stay healthy when travelling. I’ll definitely share everything I can! If you have other food and travel-related posts you’d like to see on the blog, let me know!
And now, I’ll leave you to today’s mocha donuts.
No-Bake Mocha Donuts
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup walnuts, cashews or pecans
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2-1 teaspoon ground coffee beans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup cashews, raw or dry-roasted, unsalted
- 1/4 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup high-fat coconut milk, canned
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cocoa powder, unsweetened
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add all the ingredients for the donuts (not the frosting) in a food processor and process until the mixture sticks together when pressed.
- On a clean surface, roll 1/4 cup of the mixture to make a long cylinder, then stick together the ends to make a round donut shape. Make 6 donuts.
- Place the donuts on the prepared cookie sheet. Place in the freezer while you prepare the frosting.
Prepare the Frosting
- To make the frosting, use a small food processor (I used the small bowl of my Cuisinart food processor). Add all the ingredients for the glaze in the food processor. Process until smooth, up to 5 minutes depending on your food processor. The frosting should be creamy, smooth and lightly thick.
- To frost the donuts, either spread the frosting using a butter knife or transfer the frosting to a bowl and dip the top of each donuts. There might be some leftover frosting, you can use it in other recipes or eat it as is.
- Let chill in the fridge or freezer until the frosting hardens or eat it immediately. It can be eaten straight from the freezer.
If you make these mocha donuts, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!