No-bake chewy granola bars that are nut-free, gluten-free, fruit-sweetened and vegan! These bars are packed with seeds, including sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and hemp hearts. They’re high in fiber, healthy fats and contain a good dose of plant-based protein. Enjoy them for a quick snack at home or on the go!
This recipe was originally posted in 2016 and has been updated with new photography and extra details to help you make the bars as good as possible.
These granola bars are made with just a few simple steps. No baking necessary! They travel well, making them perfect for road trips, picnics or snacks at work or school. They’re packed with seeds, which adds a crunch and a good dose of healthy fats, fiber and plant-based protein.
How to Make Chewy No-Bake Granola Bars
First, blend Medjool dates, sunflower seed butter and vanilla together in a food processor. Add the oats and bend it all together until you get a crumbly mixture that sticks together when pressed.
Next, transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the seeds. This recipe uses sunflower seeds, hemp hearts, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds and chia seeds. Mix it all together and press it at the bottom of a dish. Drizzle with chocolate and you’re done!
Notes on the Recipe:
- If your dates are dry, add one tablespoon or more of water while processing the dates, sunflower seed butter and vanilla.
- If needed, you can replace the sunflower seeds with more pumpkin seeds and vice versa.
- You can try to substitute the sunflower seed butter with other nut or seed butter if desired. That being said, this recipe has only been tested with sunflower seed butter.
More No-Bake Granola Bar Recipes
- No-Bake Walnut Granola Bars
- No-Bake Seedy Granola Bars
- Chocolate Chunk Protein Bars
- Chocolate Pretzel Quinoa Bars
No-Bake Chewy Granola Bars (Nut-Free)
- 2 cups Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flax seeds, ground
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 2-3 tablespoons chocolate, for drizzling (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (optional)
- Line a 9×9 inch dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, blend the dates, vanilla and sunflower seed butter until combined.
- Add the oats and process until it makes a crumbly mixture (about 30 seconds). The mixture should stick together when pressed.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl. Add the flax seeds, hemps hearts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and chia seeds. Mix it all together. You may need to use your hands to mix it well as the mixture should be thick, but it should stick together when pressed. If it doesn't stick at this stage, you can add more sunflower seed butter as needed.
- Press the mixture evenly to the bottom of the prepared dish.
- Melt your chocolate with the coconut oil. You can melt it in a small bowl in the microwave for about one minute. Drizzle on top of the bars.
- Store in the fridge or freezer, covered.
If you make these chewy no-bake granola bars, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!