A quick and easy chocolate almond granola, made in one bowl in under 15 minutes of preparation. This breakfast recipe is vegan and gluten-free!
Truth: I used to be that person that happily ate the same breakfast every single day. As a matter of fact, every night, I looked forward to eating that same breakfast the next morning. Years later and I can’t stand having the same thing for breakfast more than a few days in a row. Things change!
So if like me, you’re looking for a change, I have this delicious chocolate granola for you to try. The best part? It comes together in 15 minutes using one bowl. Just make a batch on Sundays and you’ll have something to look forward to every morning that week (that’s if it lasts that long).
How to Make Chocolate Granola:
- First, toss all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Bake for 30 minutes (tossing halfway through).
- Let it cool down on the baking sheet (this helps it get crispier).
- Toss in the chocolate chips.
It doesn’t get easier than this.
Don’t have all the ingredients on hand? Try substituting the almonds for other nuts, such as cashews, pecans or walnuts. You could also try using peanut butter instead of almond butter and chia seeds instead of hemp hearts.
This granola is delicious served with my homemade vegan yogurt! Other delicious options are to serve it in a bowl with soy milk (for added protein), on top of smoothie bowls, oatmeal or just eaten by the handful.
Easy Chocolate Almond Granola
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (see notes)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients to a medium mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Transfer the granola mixture to the prepared baking sheet. Spread the mixture in a single layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Let the granola cool on the baking sheet. It will continue to get crispier as it cools. Once completely cooled, toss in the chocolate chips.
- Serve with yogurt or milk of choice, on top of smoothie bowls, oatmeal or eat it by the handful.
If you make this chocolate granola, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!