Dreamy coconut macaroon truffles. These little bites are sweetened with dates, then packed with nutritious ingredients, including cashews, oats, shredded coconut and cocoa powder. Finish them off with a splash of vanilla extract and a sprinkle of sea salt and you’ve got yourself a delicious vegan snack or dessert.
These are basically truffle-shaped coconut macaroons made with wholesome ingredients. All you need is dates, raw cashews, shredded coconut, oats, vanilla extract, cocoa powder and sea salt. All the ingredients are added to a food processor and blended until the mixture sticks when pressed between your fingers. You just need to roll the mixture into little balls, then coat them with shredded coconut. It’s that easy!
They’re perfect for a healthy vegan snack or dessert. I also love to make these for a vegan holiday snack, but they’re great all year round!
Notes on the recipe:
- I highly recommend using Medjool dates instead of regular dates. Medjool dates are sweeter and will help the truffles stick together. That being said, if you do want to use regular dates, you have the option of adding a few tablespoons of water to the mixture.
- The coconut coating is optional and will make the recipe a little more “messy”, but it does add more texture and coconut flavor to the recipe. It also makes them look a little better.
More Date Bite Recipes
- Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites
- Dark Chocolate Mint Truffles
- Salted Caramel Energy Bites
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Energy Bites
- Pecan Pumpkin Spice Date Bites
- Healthy Peanut Butter Crunch Balls
Dreamy Coconut Macaroon Truffles
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon fine shredded coconut + more for rolling
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water (if needed)
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor. Blend until it forms a ball or until the mixture sticks together when pressed.
- Roll the dough into 16 little balls.
- Place some shredded coconut on a clean surface. Roll the balls in the coconut until evenly coated.
If you make these dreamy coconut macaroon truffles, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!