Easy dark chocolate mint truffles. All you need is 20 minutes, one bowl and 5 ingredients. Plus they’re vegan, gluten-free, sweetened with dates and absolutely delicious! They’re perfect for a little snack or dessert.
Are you looking for a nutritious holiday snack? These dark chocolate mint truffles are sweetened with dates and made with a handful of pantry ingredients.
What you need: Medjool dates, cashews, cocoa powder and peppermint extract.
That’s all! Simply add all the ingredients to a food processor and process until the mixture sticks together when pressed. You can then top the “truffles” with a drizzle of dark chocolate and a few cacao nibs for a crunch. They’re so simple, delicious and festive. There’s really nothing like peppermint and chocolate during the holidays.
Notes on the Recipe:
- I highly recommend using Medjool dates and not regular Deglet Noor dates. Medjool dates are sweeter and softer, which helps the truffles stick together.
- You can use your favorite chocolate for drizzling or skip the toppings. I tested the recipe with dark and unsweetened chocolate. Both work, but if you’re using unsweetened chocolate, a little goes a long way.
- This recipe was tested with raw cashews, but you can also use unsalted, dry roasted cashews. Walnuts would also work if you’re looking for an alternative to cashews.
- Start with 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract, taste the mixture, then add another 1/4 teaspoon if you like a stronger peppermint flavor.
What’s the difference between mint and peppermint?
Peppermint extract is made of peppermint leaves, while mint extract is made of spearmint and peppermint. Peppermint pairs best with sweet recipes and especially chocolate. This is what was used in this recipe and it’s what I recommend using.
More Vegan Date Bite Recipes:
- Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookie Bites
- Salted Caramel Energy Bites
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Energy Bites
- Pecan Pumpkin Spice Date Bites
- Healthy Peanut Butter Crunch Balls
- Dreamy Coconut Macaroon Truffles
Dark Chocolate Mint Truffles
- 1 cup cashews, raw
- 1/2 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate, for drizzling (optional)
- Cacao nibs, for topping (optional)
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add your cashews, dates, cocoa powder and mint extract in a food processor. Blend for 2-3 minutes until the mixture forms a ball or until the mixture holds together when pressed between your fingers.
- Form 12 little balls by rolling the mixture between your palms. Place them on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Melt the dark chocolate (I used the microwave) and drizzle over the truffles. Top with a few cacao nibs if desired.
- Let them set in the freezer until the chocolate hardens.
If you make these dark chocolate mint truffles, be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love to hear from you guys. And of course, if you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram!